Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im on the hunt for a new bow is there any good bow shops around n.b thanks

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Atlantic archery center is good to deal with. Up in freddy

All i can say is no your stuff and dont go in blind.

What kind of money u looking to spend, Is this your first bow Are you buying everything or just a bow

·
Registered
495 Posts
Where are you located? Are you looking for a specific brand?

Atlantic Archery Center near Fredericton
TECC Archery in Sussex
Northeast Camo in Salisbury
Spencers Archery near Coalbranch on the 126

These shops have knowledgeable staff, there's a few other shops around but my mother taught me that if you don't have something nice to say, then say nothing, sadly I forget it by times.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im in the stjohn erea i have been shooting off and on for years looking for a good bow not sure what brand i would like to look at a few always hade lower end bows looking for a good one now any advise would be great thanks

·
Registered
909 Posts
im in the stjohn erea i have been shooting off and on for years looking for a good bow not sure what brand i would like to look at a few always hade lower end bows looking for a good one now any advise would be great thanks
If your not concerned about buying over phone or internet awesome(best in us)http://www.huntersfriend.com/these guys are awesome.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Many many good bows out there now. Join Archery talk, but beware for everyone talking up a particular brand/model, 10 more are talking trash about it.

Might be able to get some good deals on 2009 or 2010 leftover models which offers the advantage of getting real opinions on specific models.

Beware, some brands warranty only apply to the original owner, Mathews are like that.

Some brands require a cam change to change drawlength, others require a high-end bow press to release the limb tension(parallel and beyond limbs), again, Mathews are like that.

Try them out before to decide if you can.

I bought a new Mathews DR2 this spring, a major upgrade from my '92 PSE Thunderflite. Absolutely love it but I don't think I'll wait 118 years to upgrade again, can't even use that old bugger as a backup just too different after shooting almost every day from May til October with the Mathews.

Buddy of mine showed up at archery practice in Sussex last night with a new APA, think it is the King Cobra, 5" brace height, 70 Lbs(and shooting it at max), man. that was blazingly fast. They have some neat features, claw on the upper portion of the riser to hook it on a peg, built in broadhead wrench and sharpener. Pins clipped to the riser that when inserted through the cams rest against the limbs and allow the string to be changed in the field when the limb bolts are backed out a bit.

Holy *&^%, up to 362 fps, 101 KE

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
>I would give atlantic archery a call byran is good to deal with and has some very good prices usually same as us msrp, I would have a look at the new pses and he also has a few 2010 left there to i think.

·
Banned
159 Posts
I'm looking to the Axe 6 myself and was into AC last week to check them out. They did have good prices and the guy said he would set up as many bows as I want to shoot to try them out. I'll be going in after xmas when I have some time so spend shooting a few. I can't remember the prices on their accesories but I've been checking online to get a feel for what I want to put on it.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I'm looking to the Axe 6 myself and was into AC last week to check them out. They did have good prices and the guy said he would set up as many bows as I want to shoot to try them out. I'll be going in after xmas when I have some time so spend shooting a few. I can't remember the prices on their accesories but I've been checking online to get a feel for what I want to put on it.
Bows are like evrything else.Cars,trucks,rifles ect.Everybody has an opinion.Personaly I have had excellent luck with PSE service.Fast friendly and very helpful.I just bought an axe 6 2011 .It's awesome and in my price range $779.99.The draw is awesome and blistering fast.You cannot go wrong.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I am also in the Saint John area... I deal with Mark in Sussex TECC Archery. His prices are fair, and he knows his stuff. He will also help you get your bow set up properly. The nice thing about buying local, is you get immediate service for issues, instead of having to send it away again.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I am also in the Saint John area... I deal with Mark in Sussex TECC Archery. His prices are fair, and he knows his stuff. He will also help you get your bow set up properly. The nice thing about buying local, is you get immediate service for issues, instead of having to send it away again.
The best thing to see!!!!

·
Registered
909 Posts
I just bought a 2011 axe six from atlantic archery and bryan was very good to deal with once again. And man she is sweet
Me too, awesome rig,very nice smooth draw,blistering fast,0 hand shock,0 noise as bare bow.Cannot see any need to spend another 125.00 for evo for same IOB speed 345 FPS
FYI there are 2 types of people those who shoot pse and those who wish they can!!!!!!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thats in my price range theres so many to choose from whats the diffrence in the vendette and the axesix

·
Banned
159 Posts
The vendetta is going to be abit more forgiving because of the longer brace length and axle to axle length. They also have slightly different cams. Another option is the axe 7 which gives you a bit longer brace length but the same axle to axle as the axe 6. I plan on shooting all 3 before deciding if they have them in the shop.

Undertaker and NBduckhunter, what weight bow did you guys get and what do you plan on shooting it at?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts