New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am in the market to buy a new 30-06 and a 12 gauge. I was wondering where you guys buy your guns through. Here in Saint John we only have 1 spot so I was hoping for some help

Thanks!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I got my 308 from Better Buy Sports in Moncton, i liked dealing with them alot more than doirons or the gun dealer, and i ordered my shotgun from wholesale sports, had no iddues, came fairly quickly.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
So i am in the market to buy a new 30-06 and a 12 gauge. I was wondering where you guys buy your guns through. Here in Saint John we only have 1 spot so I was hoping for some help

Thanks!
Which spot in SJ are you referring too?
There is Doirons Sports on the west side as Well As Cyril Kingston beside the firehall in Rothesay.
Kisch Enterprises I believe he calls himself(its out of the basement of his house)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I got my 308 from Better Buy Sports in Moncton, i liked dealing with them alot more than doirons or the gun dealer, and i ordered my shotgun from wholesale sports, had no iddues, came fairly quickly.
If you liked dealing with BBS then you should give Green Diamond(john deere store in moncton) a call!!
Was only in the once, lad seemed very knowledgeable, awesome prices,and didnt mind carrying on a conversation...will definitly be going back!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I believe Ellwood Epps in Ontario has the marlin xl7 in .30-06 for $366 with black camo stock and $399 with realtree apg!They are online.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I always take a look on the canadain gunnutz site. There is many online dealers sponsors and also you get the exchange of equipment forum for the used stuff.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I personally would never buy from "Better Buy Sports". Every time I've been into that place I have left disappointed. Even when I was just killing time and browsing when the wife is getting groceries. I have been unimpressed by their prices, their selection, and the service on occasions has been just bad!

Even though I am from Moncton I travel to Sussex to buy anything I need right away. Other than that I purchase online as much as possible.

I purchased my Browning Maxus from The Gun Dealer in Mcadam because it was a deal that nobody could touch. I would have bought from Sussex though if he would have had any in stock at the time. Better buy won't even order anything in except Remington (seriously???) and savage (which I have no first hand experience with), and I guess I saw a whereby shotgun in there once. But be prepared to pay a 20-30% premium just for the privilege of buying from "Better Buy".

I know you didn't ask about fishing but since I'm ranting here, for fly fishing supplies I give my business to Eskape Anglers in Riverview (Eskape Anglers Website). I have never been disappointed with Mr. Freeman or his products. And for salt water fishing I usually hit up wal mart or crappy tire.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you liked dealing with BBS then you should give Green Diamond(john deere store in moncton) a call!!
Was only in the once, lad seemed very knowledgeable, awesome prices,and didnt mind carrying on a conversation...will definitly be going back!!
I had no idea they sold hunting supplies! Also Doctor Deals has a whole floor upstairs dedicated to guns/ammo and hunting stuff. I didn't see anything I would likely buy, and prices didn't seem that great but it's another option if you're desparate for ammo or something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts