New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Looks great! That guy at 44 Seconds shoot that bear in the neck?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks great! That guy at 44 Seconds shoot that bear in the neck?
Yes he did. We were sitting in a groundblind. Neck shots drop em in their tracks. I use to tell hunters behind the shoulder, but getting to many wounded bear from "perfect" shots..LOL Las year I started making gun guys shoot em in the neck. If the bear runs off, you missed and their's no chance of a gut shot or front lower leg shot. No tracking either. The first guy was aiming for the neck but hit high and back. He had a .300 mag so being off with that gun doesnt really matter. Hit some hard.

Love the new Canon Vixia hfs10 HD Camcorder/Camera. Great in lowlight and many many options on it.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Yes he did. We were sitting in a groundblind. Neck shots drop em in their tracks. I use to tell hunters behind the shoulder, but getting to many wounded bear from "perfect" shots..LOL Las year I started making gun guys shoot em in the neck. If the bear runs off, you missed and their's no chance of a gut shot or front lower leg shot. No tracking either. The first guy was aiming for the neck but hit high and back. He had a .300 mag so being off with that gun doesnt really matter. Hit some hard.

Love the new Canon Vixia hfs10 HD Camcorder/Camera. Great in lowlight and many many options on it.
You definitely take a great video. I've found that the Bears I've shot have gone down easier than some of the deer I've taken. I've heard you can't shoot them right through the shoulder, but a shot to the vitals has been good to me.

I shot a bear in the Neck a couple of years ago with a 22-250 while I was out Coyote hunting (I know, probably shouldn't have shot him at all), and it dropped immediately, but I've found a Bear just doesn't have the long neck to aim at like a deer, especially in low light. I would think as a guide you would end up with a lot of misses and angry customers that way?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
a Bear just doesn't have the long neck to aim at like a deer, especially in low light. I would think as a guide you would end up with a lot of misses and angry customers that way?
Theres only one way to look at it, and I'm shhhhore nbguide thinks the same way...
Its either a clean kill, or a clean miss with neck shots!!
The guide did his part by putting the bear infront of the hunter, now its the hunters job to do his.
Not guides fault for poor shot placement!!

I see no need for a stalk after dark, when it can 95% of the time be avoided w/ a neck shot.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Theres only one way to look at it, and I'm shhhhore nbguide thinks the same way...
Its either a clean kill, or a clean miss with neck shots!!
The guide did his part by putting the bear infront of the hunter, now its the hunters job to do his.
Not guides fault for poor shot placement!!

I see no need for a stalk after dark, when it can 95% of the time be avoided w/ a neck shot.
X100 Wonksy, Thats just the way I look at. Dead at the barrell or living but a bit smarter on a baitsite. Seem's like guy's aim way to far back when they go behind the shoulder. Too afraid of hitting the shoulder bone so move back to far and hit nothing but gut's. Neck Shot and no tracking..I do think guys shooting those .300 magnums can mess up terribly and still kill a bear. Big hitting power.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Looks good.

Have you used Vimeo for videos yet?
I dunno it could be the work computer monitor (it's quite big) but on Vimeo you can upload and when you play "fullscreen" you get "FULL-screen" without the black borders.
Pic quality looked excellant regardless of youtube compression.

Well done!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Nice, I like it! That last one was the spike you arrowed this past fall wasn't it?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Thanks Guys.

I havent tried Vimeo but will check it out.

Bowtech that is the NB 11 pointer (LOL) I killed last fall. Video came out nice with the tree arm. The 8 pt laying on the ground was killed by a hunter from NY out of the same stand. Had a real nice 9 pt (nighttime), 3 spikes, 4 pt, 6 pt, and 2 - 8 pts on that property and a TON of doe.

I cant wait to video the turkey hunt this spring out of the groundblind. Should be some good footage to share.

Also planning on taking (videoing) my 2.5 year old daughter ice fishing in Mid March. She's been working the jig rod over pretty good in the living room..LOL We'll see how she reacts with a fish on the other end..LOL

I was looking at some video's the other day we took back in the late 80's of the deer pole and some wall hangers hooked to it. 3 in the mid - 200 pound range.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Thanks Guys.

Bowtech that is the NB 11 pointer (LOL) I killed last fall. Video came out nice with the tree arm. The 8 pt laying on the ground was killed by a hunter from NY out of the same stand. Had a real nice 9 pt (nighttime), 3 spikes, 4 pt, 6 pt, and 2 - 8 pts on that property and a TON of doe.

I cant wait to video the turkey hunt this spring out of the groundblind. Should be some good footage to share.

Also planning on taking (videoing) my 2.5 year old daughter ice fishing in Mid March. She's been working the jig rod over pretty good in the living room..LOL We'll see how she reacts with a fish on the other end..LOL

I was looking at some video's the other day we took back in the late 80's of the deer pole and some wall hangers hooked to it. 3 in the mid - 200 pound range.
If she's anything like my nephews were at that age, it'll be all fun and games until the fish comes out of the water.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL I hear ya Wardo. I'm expecting the rod dropped and her clung to my leg when the fish comes through the hole..LOL

·
Registered
404 Posts
Thanks Guys.

If she's like my little girl(be 2 in mid april ) that won't bother her a bit . Mines been going to the barn every day mon - fiday with her grandparents since she was one when my wife went back to work . She just loves every thing (eccept being in the house )It's petty impressive to see such a little person all dressed in pink dragging here mom around by one finger wanting to show here all the things she saw , or yelling ; up mumy -up mumy ,to get here dressed to be able to go outside to plow the driveway with dad in the big tractor(brumm,brumm)........gonna try to find time this spring to make us a tree house/stand to go eat apple sauce and maybe shoot a bear .........little girls make there daddies hearts melt .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts