New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner

New Hunter!

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  nbdeerhunter 
#1 ·
My oldest son (Morgan) just finished his Hunter Education Course last nigh and passed his tests. One new addition to the ranks!

#8 ·
Haha, he was kind of disappointed to find out that he has to wait two more years to shoot big game. He wanted to shoot that big buck out back before I got him or he died of old age:). He couldn't understand why if he is certified to accompany and hunt what difference it would make what he was shooting. I really didn't have any answer for him as I couldn't think of any reason. He's excited to get out in the duck blind and shoot his own ducks this year though. My second oldest who can outshoot Morgan and has even more enthusiasm for hunting (obsessed comes to mind
) can't understand why he can't take the test and go too. Other than the fact that the law says so I don't have a good reason for that either.

#10 ·
That's great news, Bowtech! To hear of more young people getting involved in our sport is very encouraging and how you involve your children is wonderful! I think if a person introduces a child to all aspects of the hunt before they are exposed to outside elements that discourages or doesn't approve of hunting, the child will most likely continue going out, thus expanding their interest!

I know that I have an 8 year old boy and 5 year old girl that is just itching to get out bird hunting!

#11 ·
Bowtech...congrats and man he has me stumped with a response to that as well. Kinda a stupid law if you think about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.