·
Registered
1,610 Posts
3.5 yr old 7pt

1.5yr old 7 pt. Genetics looks like it could be the same parentage

·
Registered
531 Posts
Those are 2 real nice lookin' buck, BT. Either buck would add nice points to the Rackstackers!

Good luck at the new stand site!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
3.5 yr old 7pt

2.5yr old 7 pt. Genetics looks like it could be the same parentage

awe bowtech
you set up a few new spots up just for me!
i always knew you were a good guy and have a soft spot for me!!!

lmao

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New 10pt showing up to this stand. He looks like he's been fighting a bit as he is broken up a bit. Hope to hunt this stand on Thursday or Friday when I get the right wind!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guess the IR flash dowsn't bother this guy too much

·
Registered
925 Posts
Nice! Great pics of him bedded.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Opps just noticed that I had 2.5 year old 7pt written for that second buck. Should ahve written 1.5 yr old. I changed it it the first post.
Pulled a card at noon...Here is what a 2.5 year old looks like. New 8pt showed up. The broken up 10 is still coming out almost once per day.

·
Banned
223 Posts
Opps just noticed that I had 2.5 year old 7pt written for that second buck. Should ahve written 1.5 yr old. I changed it it the first post.
Pulled a card at noon...Here is what a 2.5 year old looks like. New 8pt showed up. The broken up 10 is still coming out almost once per day.
[
Are you still waiting for that perfect wind to hunt that stand or what?!?!?

Get out there and get that big 10 before he decides to beat up on the little bucks. You'll be doing the other deer in your area a great service! lol

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Buddy and I got permission to hunt on another property but never hung a stand there...at least not yet
Didn't have another camera so my buddy put his spypoint on it. Now I remember why I sent my SP camera back.

Looks like he would be a neat trophy. He is a perfect 4-5 on one side and a fork on the other. Wonder if he would grow normal again next year if we left him or if it is due to an injury?

He is some nice buck either way but I don't think I'll hunt there till next bow season, too may gun toting trespassers sneaking in there to make it an enjoyable hunt. See if we can't get better pics of him. There was also a small yearling forky but we haven't got any other buck pics here.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I need a SW or S wind to hunt it without getting busted and haven't got one coming till Thursday. I'll be in the stand on Thursday or another if I can get a Southerly wind. I figure I'm only going to get one chance at him and I don't want to screw it up with wind. I do that enough all by myself

Remember how I said I pulled the card at noon today...Look at the date and time on here...

·
Registered
925 Posts
I think he's done for!

·
Banned
223 Posts
I need a SW or S wind to hunt it without getting busted and haven't got one coming till Thursday. I'll be in the stand on Thursday or another if I can get a Southerly wind. I figure I'm only going to get one chance at him and I don't want to screw it up with wind. I do that enough all by myself
Well, just checked the weather for you BT. Looks like a good wind for Thursday (morning), Friday (if you don't mind a little rain, or a lot of rain!) and Saturday. Good luck.

Did you get that peep sight fixed?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, just checked the weather for you BT. Looks like a good wind for Thursday (morning), Friday (if you don't mind a little rain, or a lot of rain!) and Saturday. Good luck.

Did you get that peep sight fixed?
Was out today... Left the house at 6:30am and got into the stand before 7:00am. Busted something on the way in as it was blowing and going
. Climbed into the stand and about 15 minutes later two come back the way that one went (I imagine the same ones) and blew at me again as they were coming. Still to dark to make them out back in the bushes even at 15 yards but I think it was a doe and fawn. Will pull the card tomorrow and see as I forgot to take one today. About 9:00 a doe and fawn come by then 1/2 hour later two does come in. About 11:00-11:30 one comes in from the direction I expect the buck is coming from but instead of it being a nice SW wind it swirled in from the west and "whatever" locks up at 40 yards back but I can't see what it is. The wind continues from the west and "whatever" give me the blow off and is gone back the way he came

Around noon a doe and fawn walk by to the north of me and catch my scent but keep going up towards the road. 15 minutes later I hear something running through the woods to the north but can't make it out. I climb down about 2:00 and take a break for 15 minutes, go back to the truck, check the time and warm up. Back in the stand by 2:15pm. Around 4:30 a pair, doe and fawn walk around to the west and head down to the bedding area from the north, probably the ones that went up there at noon. nothing else till 1/2 hour before dark. In comes a pair od does and a few minutes later a pair of fawns. Few more minutes go by and I hear another off to the north but can only see legs and part of the body. It blows when it picks up my scent and eveyone takes off but not far as I can still hear them moving around. From then till 1/2 hour after dark there is deer moving all around me and that one keeps blowing every now and then but none of the others pay any attention. I have at least 1/2 dozen deer around my stand and can't make out what any of them are as it's too dark. After 1/2 hour I've had enough as I have to get home so Jess can go pick the boys up. Climb down and deer start going in every direction. I guess I'll let this stand sit for a few days before going back to let things quiet down.
12 hours on stand and lots of action throughout the day but no antler seen and no shots taken. My back is killing me and I'm still shaking with chills

I'll try my home stand on Saturday and see what it brings. There was a couple of does in the field below the house when I got home.

G

·
Hot tea...hot bath...couple of Tylenol....and youll be good to go by Saturday.

Man, thats a LONG day in a portable treestand. My hats off to you.

H

·
Banned
223 Posts
Well BT, you can't say you didn't sit there long enough yesterday! As soon as the monsoon lets up then I'd say plunk yourself back out there again. I have hunted in messy weather before, but the amount of rain that we are getting this weekend is ridiculous to sit through in the bow stand. Looks like a good time to rest the stand for a couple of days.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I screwed that stand up for a bit. The 10pt was the one I blew out of there first thing in the morning and he hasn't been back in two day. I'll give it a rest for this week and see what happens later in the week to decide when I should hunt it again.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts