New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone , Im brand new to archery and cant wait to get started. Just wondering if anybody has any info on the Diamond vital impact bow. Im having trouble finding reviews on the web.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
542 Posts
cabelas has pse stinger ready to hunt reg $499. on for $299 anddiamond rock for the same price good deal

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im worried about that , im 6'1 and im afraid its too small looking. But ive never shot a compound bow yet and im eager to get going

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Flyers77, Like X Force said, as long as the bow is the correct draw length for you, and feels good. It doesn't matter too much about the ATA length or size of the bow. You should go to an archery shop, and shoot a few before committing to lay down the $$. Just to see what feels comfortable in your hands. here is the link to HF site page on draw length selection etc. Good reading.

And "welcome" to the Fantastic "Fun" world of archery, and bowhunting!! Your gonna love it!

http://www.huntersfr.../drawlength.htm

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
welcome to the addiction ...

as archerynut said, go try a few first .. (some longer and shorter bows) to see how they would fit your frame/style.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys , im supposed to go to Tecc archery in sussex this week to check out a few bows . Ive never shot a compound bow yet so hopefulle Mark can help me out.

P.S zero arrows fired and already an addict

·
Registered
140 Posts
Good choice going to Mark at Tecc.
I've dealt with him a few times and he is a great guy to work with. Everything I bought was at a pretty good price too.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Personally I like 33 inch ATA or a little more. Being new to shooting the shorter the bow and less perfect the form and the longer your DL the less accurate you are all else being equal. Long DL with short ATA will make the angle of the string more acute and keep the peep further from your eye as well. If your form is good it doesn't matter, same as brace height. I hear guys all the time saying they can shoot a 6" BH as well as a 7" and for them they probably can on the range but sit in a tree for 6 hours freezing your hinney off and then twist at an awkward angle dressed like the michelin man shooting from a sitting position because the deer moved in behind you without you seeing him and then tell me you can shoot it as well.
It shouldn't be the deciding factor on buying a bow but it should be kept in mind same as brace height and draw weight. If you haven't bought one yet shoot all of them and pick the one that feels the best to you that you shoot well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Personally I like 33 inch ATA or a little more. Being new to shooting the shorter the bow and less perfect the form and the longer your DL the less accurate you are all else being equal. Long DL with short ATA will make the angle of the string more acute and keep the peep further from your eye as well. If your form is good it doesn't matter, same as brace height. I hear guys all the time saying they can shoot a 6" BH as well as a 7" and for them they probably can on the range but sit in a tree for 6 hours freezing your hinney off and then twist at an awkward angle dressed like the michelin man shooting from a sitting position because the deer moved in behind you without you seeing him and then tell me you can shoot it as well.
It shouldn't be the deciding factor on buying a bow but it should be kept in mind same as brace height and draw weight. If you haven't bought one yet shoot all of them and pick the one that feels the best to you that you shoot well.
Thanks for the advice BT, I know bows in stock can be slim for our local shops (especially in moncton) hopefully Mark will have a few different bows with different Ata's and weights to tryout.Please keep the pointers comming guys

1 - 14 of 14 Posts