New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a new scope this weekend for my 22-250,it's a Nikon coyote special in 3x9x40 with bullet drop compensation, should be good for making " holes" in the coyote population this winter,lol.Photos in gallery.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Nice,that bullet drop compensator is a nice feature,espically when taking those looong shots at them.
seems to be alot of dogs around this year.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Ive herd lots about them. Have you tried it out yet. Must be some kind of range finder on it to be able to estimate the range. Great concept. Lets here a review.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
The BDC reticles I've seen have just been a series of dots on the scope for 100,200,300,400 and 500 yards. You do the rangefinding yourself and then just line up that dot. My concern with it has always been close to dusk or just after dawn, hoping those dots didn't blur into one big mess and look confusing.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This scope comes from the factory set for 22-250 or 223 they have 3 circles not dots and is design to have the top circle zeroed in at 100 yards for 223 and zeroed at 200 yards with 22-250 using 55 grain bullets in both cases.but can be adapted for other calibers and others grains of bullets, it is very clear and crips at low light and very easy to pick up targets.Only had it out once at the range and was putting 5 shots in a 3 1/2 inch circle using factory 45 grain varmint bullets from winchester, was very happy with it,my buddy at the range who is quite knowledgeable in loading bullets thinks that I will do a lot better with practice and using 55 grain shots so he is loading some for me, can't wait to go back and retry as soon as I can free up some time! You can see pics of it in the photo gallery. Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts