New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me out with some answers?

Is there an area in NL that is known for bigger moose?

If you have hunted NL before do you have an outfitter you would recommend?

Or to avoid? looking for success stories or what to be wary of that didn't turn out for the best.

I have the blessing from "the other half" to hunt NL, and looking at this fall or next, depending on a work schedule.

I'm looking for the best experience possible: spike camp,fly in or boat in or quad(if necessary), call and stalk, and don't mind (look forward to) putting in the hard work and physical effort of hard hunting.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Depends on what you want. Are you looking for trophy moose or to fill your freezer? Do you want luxury or do you mind roughing it? There are many good outfitters that vary significantly in price. My friend and I both went last year and took our sons. Given I was paying for 2 cost was a factor. I didn't fly in but it was a drive in by Argo. We all got moose but we were happy with any decent moose. The camp was very basic and lacked a few amenities but the guides were absolute characters (the people are half the fun). If you want more details PM me. It was a great trip.

·
Registered
375 Posts
www.moosecanada.com still has October 5th week open for moose/bear combo in Newfoundland. As well as the first 2 weeks of September for early bow season. Check out their Facebook page and see all the photos from 2013 season. Send them an email for group bookings and discounts for this coming season. Remote drive in and remote out lodge has openings. TH

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Didn't get your PM robinpeck, but anyways thanks for the input guys

my plans went quickly sideways considering the lay-off notice I got last week,looks like back to Ol' AB for me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts