New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
When are the next trapping and bow courses going to be offered in the Fredericton area?

I can not hunt until next year (I have only have been residing in NB for 4 months) to I might as well get these done now.

Thanks all.

And if anyone has any trapping gear they are not using anymore, send me a e-mail [email protected]

Or if you wouldn't mind having an extra set of hand tag along on a trap line, I cant see a better way of learning then going with a veteran of the sport.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The Bowhunter Ed courses are usually offered in September and late March/early April. If you give the Rangers Office (453-2345) in Fredericton a call they will put your name on a list and when the date is confirmed they will give you a call back so you can stop in and register. As for the Trappers Course, I believe they also take names for it and I think they run one when they have enough names.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Lovemylab is right usually held in september and spring but we just got done a bow course on October 3rd in Coles Island and BJ said he was looking at doing another sometime during the season if he could get it co-ordinated. Maybe give Coles Island a call.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
also...if you want to talk to someone locally about the bow course you could give brian a call at atlantic archery
he is located in the vanier industrial park
i think it is 16 dorcus drive
here is his number
506 452 2800
good luck

also we post when the next bow course is on our web site

www.bowhuntersofnewbrunswick.ca

usually it is on the front page in the marquis that scrolls across the top and bottom and it is also posted on the site

·
Registered
614 Posts
Yes DNR will schedule a trapping course when they get enough names, so get your name in asap, BR.
Also, do NOT trust that your name is on the list after you ask to be included. Call them to reconfirm after a while.
I didn't do this and despite being the FIRST one to register for the course, I was informed that I was S.O.L. because my name suddenly couldn't be found on the list and there was no record of me ever calling to sign up. The only way I got into the course was by raising holy heck, after which they suddenly decided that someone had canceled and I could get into the course after all.

I realize mistakes happen. That's life. Just some advice so that THEIR mistake doesn't become YOUR problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts