New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching on you tube guys baiting and using lights to hunt them at night, I no its illegal but whats your thoughts on it.I figure if they can use dogs in NS y cant we night hunt them its more humane.

·
Registered
565 Posts
You can not use a firearm at night even for nuisance wildlife.

·
Registered
925 Posts
In Maine you can hunt coyotes at night without the aid of a light. On a night with a good moon and a good scope they get a bait out and sit in a shack and then whack them.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
In Maine you can hunt coyotes at night without the aid of a light. On a night with a good moon and a good scope they get a bait out and sit in a shack and then whack them.
Wouldnt That Be Just Dannnnnndee Ca'mon!!

·
Registered
726 Posts
With the nightvision scope moon doesnt even matter. Takes getting used to though. You have to put all scope education to the side and drive your eye right into the rubber eyepiece. If you dont the crosshairs are all over the place and the coyote gets away...LOL Sucks!!

·
Registered
409 Posts
With the nightvision scope moon doesnt even matter. Takes getting used to though.
I use goggles at work sometimes,we have binos as well but the newer goggles are wayyyy better.
They are that powerfull that if turned on with the lens cap still on...doesn't matter see right through it,just not as well or as much.
As good as they are compared to the others I'm glad someone else paid for them

I can't imagine watching one eye through a scope looking for a yote any amount of time.
You guys have binos for pre spotting them or all scope?

·
Registered
726 Posts
I use goggles at work sometimes,we have binos as well but the newer goggles are wayyyy better.
They are that powerfull that if turned on with the lens cap still on...doesn't matter see right through it,just not as well or as much.
As good as they are compared to the others I'm glad someone else paid for them

I can't imagine watching one eye through a scope looking for a yote any amount of time.
You guys have binos for pre spotting them or all scope?
If its really pitch black you just check the bait every once in a while with the scope. If its a little moon lit you can see them on the snow coming in. Havent been at all this year yet unfortunately.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I saw that Ikler (sp) on Predator Nation night hunting and they were using the vid cam to scan the area.(desert looking)
They were calling them in though...least they made out they were,could have been bait in the area.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im all for sunday hunting,as it was said some guys only have the weekend and would benifet them,as for night shooting that would be a touchy topic i think,for yoties im for it but they would have to have it stop in regular hunting seasons such as deer ,moose,if done in the winter months i think it would help bring down the yoty #s,just my thoughts lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts