New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm just curious and wondering if the New Brunswick Department of Public Safety Off Road Vehicle Enforcement officers are armed, I was just reading about them and I'm just curious.....

·
Registered
699 Posts
I just passed them 5 mins ago in Oromocto going with the RCMP.

They were with DNR on moose season and stopped us - DNR did most of the talking.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have worked with them, if you like to work outdoors and traveling on ATV and snowmobiles it would be a great job. I not sure what they make it would be $60,000 range. You would have to apply through the government after your hired you are sent for 12 weeks of training at the Atlantic Police Academy.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The training consists of firearms training, self defence, enforcement techniques etc.; I am a police officer we often work together with ORVE.

·
Registered
432 Posts
ORVE are a small unit, there is some turn over but not a lot. I guess the job choice would be up to you, I do know that people have transferred from DNR to ORVE as well as people have been hired that went through Atlantic Police academy. Both ORVE and DNR are busy and either would be a rewarding job.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts