New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I thought I would write this in the forum as some of you may get a kick out this.

I parked my truck at the edn of a dead end road not far from my tree stand (5 mins walk). My father is with me, so he walks down another trail while I head down to the stand with 2 bags of apples. I carry them in green garbage bags, one in each hand. As I walkinto the trail (about 70 feet from the truck), one of the bags catches a branch and rips the bottom out, and 20 or so apples pour to the ground. I swear a bit
and close the hole and move on. Part of the green bag and 20 apples stay behind.

After sitting in the stand till about 5 minutes before dark, I head back up the trail to my truck. As i reach the place where I dropped the apples, I see the piece of the bag lying there, however I can't see any apples. DUMB ASS me, thinks, where the heck did those apples go. i could have swore the apples were on the trail.

Just as my brain catches up to reality, I hear two loud blows and off he goes! I couldn't believe how loud the buck blew at me.

Just afterwards, I look up and my father, who is standing beside my truck (70 feet away), scoping the area looking as he hears the same blow as i did. He said he had been listening to the crack and moving around for the last few minutes and thought it was me coming up the trail.

THE GOOD NEWS: I have 5 more days to find that fella and put an end to him blowing

I have a few pictures of the guy on my trail camera, so I know what yo look like you apple thief
!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
That's funny! I like those kinds of stories, except when they happen to me

·
Registered
925 Posts
Good one!

·
Registered
531 Posts
LOL! Great story!
Well would be alot better if one of you had gotten the buck! I think we've all had similar things happen to us in the woods. lol

If anything, stories like this will live on for a long time sitting around the camp talking about the big fella's you almost got!!! Time & time again, I've walked away from my truck to come back to find nice size tracks circling the truck. Once a deer was even brave enough to brush the side of the truck & crap right at the drivers door. Tell me that deer wasn't laughing at me trying to hunt! haha

Thanks for sharing! Love these stories!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am heading off to the camp tomorrow night. I will let everyone know how I make out. I will hopefully get a better look at him this time

cheers,
vbprogramma

1 - 7 of 7 Posts