·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Bow for me but that is no surprise to anyone

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
That's a given for me: rifle

Why? 'cause it's the weapon of choice that will give me the more shot opportunities in the widest range of conditions throughout the entire season. With a dwindling deer herd and limited hunting opportunities, I have opted for efficiency over quality of the hunt.

New-Brunswick simply doesn't have the amount of deer and the quality of whitetails to make a purist out of me yet when it comes to hunting. Now fishing, that's an entirely different matter lol! Save a worms life, fly fish!

My second choice is the vertical bow.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
New-Brunswick simply doesn't have the amount of deer and the quality of whitetails to make a purist out of me yet when it comes to hunting.
Totally Agree 4 Shhhhhhhhhhhore Ca'monnnnnnnnnn!!!!
Hawooooooooooooooo

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I dont have to shoot a deer to enjoy hunting, And im not saying you do either, but I enjoy myself best when I have a bow in a hand and knowing that I could have a chance to arrow something..

Some will say you will feel stupid if ya see a big buck 100 yards away. But to tell ya the truth, I wouldnt at all, I would be even more pumped up that I got within 100 yards of a big buck. But 90 percent of my hunting I do now, I try to get in the woods, where I can only sohot at a deer if it was under 40 yards anyways, gun or bow, that way there I dont feel like I missed an oportunity at a deer out of bow range.

·
Registered
409 Posts
If it were a case of a dwindling or suffering herd ....
I'd have to take just a camera for a couple years to help the herd rebound before it was too late or too far gone.
As nbduckhunter said...."I dont have to shoot a deer to enjoy hunting,"

If I had to have a deer for food it would be a rifle and be more like "work" than "hunting"...a whole differant scenario.
If I had to choose one to hunt with to get the most enjoyment only....bow...so that gets my vote.

·
Registered
780 Posts
If each hunter can only shoot one deer, why does it matter KPR? By your arguement, the weapon shouldn't matter.

·
Banned
348 Posts
Rifle - I hate trackling an aminal. With my history I have either dropped the deer within my sight or I clean miss. Either way it works for me (no worries at night).

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
I'd have to go with bow.

enjoy hunting with it more than the rifle.(you just have to hunt a bit harder)

but - if the purpose was solely food / survial, then i would have to choose the rifle..

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
Don't quote me out of context guys, re-read the poll question and give an honest answer lol!

I cannot argue that the purity of a text book bow kill is hard to surpass as an all-time hunting achievement for any hunter, that being said, strictly answering to the poll, I'll stick with my thrusty 300WSM to down game ...

·
Registered
323 Posts
Gun for me. For deer season,there is nothing like the feel of the old girl, laying across my arm, waiting to dance!

That being said,I am looking forward to try bow hunting and hopefully it will be this year. Regardless of bow or gun, it's all good!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts