New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, I put some apples like a 3 weeks ago and it didn't take a long time for does to come at my spot, got 3 with my trail cam at a time and yesterday there was 4 does a time at the apples but no bucks...

Should I be worried that no buck came to my apples...or is it normal at this time of year? We are planning on going on the second week, even if we have a doe tag, we would rather have a buck!

Your comments are welcome.
Marc

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Hey Marc,
This happens to me every year, I would say not to worry about it yet, because where the does are, eventually the bucks will be. Others may disagree, but hunting with apples tends to always bring in the does first in my experience. I've had doe tags 3 of the last 4 years, and I still haven't shot a doe, I've gone home empty handed 2 of those years after watching does for the first 3 weeks waiting for a buck, and then when I decide I'll just shoot a doe, it's like they know it and stay away.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This sounds exactly like me and hopefully we can get a buck between now and the last week. if not lets hope those does don't know we are ready for them during the last week of the season.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
that is what you want....lots of doe's hanging around....cause soon daddy buck is going to come looking for some lovin and then WHAM!!!
woohoo gotta love Nov!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
i know thats seems to be the idea but last year i did the same thing and the does vanished completly. and who is to know when daddy buck is going to round up his does and push them wherever he wants.. well just have to see what happens.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
its all part of the game my friend. patience is the key and thats why its called hunting

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same 3 doe in at my apples for the first two weeks of the season. They would come in every morning and then again an hr before dusk. Then on rememberance day they came back in the afternoon with a big 6 pointer trailing them. Just a matter of time!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
More does the merrier, think of them as live bait for bucks, they wont be able to resist them for ever, sooner or later one will likely make a mistake, last year for the first 3 weeks all i saw were doe and kids, up to 7 at a time,then one night there was as doe , another deer came from behind me and to my left, i figured it was just another doe til he walked by me and i realized he had antlers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts