New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my 93 4x4 yota all gased up, just picked the permit up, can't wait. Hows the birds looking everywhere, seems to be plenty in our ponds, some geese also.

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
Good Luck and Good Shooting....

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
See you all after the hunt! Hope it goes as well as last year. I'm off to bed, Good luck boys...

·
Registered
456 Posts
Well boys me and the dog just crawled outta bed, lot of wind, no rain yet, but hopefuly my decoys are still where i put them last night..should be a good shoot this morning...good luck everyone!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Wasn't a great morning for us, had a few come in but we said we'd shoot drake mallards and blacks only. I finished the morning with one
. We limited last year on the same spot in no time but the birds weren't moving for us this year.

·
Registered
480 Posts
We did well. We got 21 geese between 5 guys in a cornfield in the Sussex area. I had a blast! (no pun intended) I think I might go yakhunting in the Hampton marsh in the morning.

·
Registered
456 Posts
We had a spectacular morning, loads of birds, I limited out at 7:50 and my dad finished his about ten minutes later. All woodducks and teal , wasnt a black duck to be seen, but im not complaining, went out this morning and got 10 between us, mostly woodducks this morning, seen a few blacks but none would commit to the decoys

·
Registered
120 Posts
We too had a very good shoot on opening day. By the end of the day,all three shooters limited out. No blacks killed and never seen that many. A few more blue winged teal than usual.Lots of woodies.Lunch and supper was delicious and drinks later topped off a great day. RB

·
Registered
581 Posts
Opening day brought us 29 ducks and one goose, mixed bag of green heads & hens, woodies,odd widgeon, blue wings and half dozen blacks. Oh and the goose was wearing jewelery! Second day also brought good fortunes of 22 ducks and 3 geese. All things considering with the monsoon was a great weekend!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Well took my son out this evening for his first hunt. I kept the gun cased for the first bit to coach him. He missed his first few but he did connect later in the evening and ended the evening with a fine shot on a decoying mallard. I decided we should end on a high note so we packed it in a little before legal. I did pull out the Beretta when we heard some geese coming
. We didn't have any goose decks out but I talked to them a bit and they came low enough for one burst.
He was pretty excited and happy to come home with birds to show his mom and brothers
. I was pretty proud of him myself!

·
Registered
411 Posts
We too had a very good shoot on opening day. By the end of the day,all three shooters limited out. No blacks killed and never seen that many. A few more blue winged teal than usual.Lots of woodies.Lunch and supper was delicious and drinks later topped off a great day. RB
That's quite a spread you guys had for lunch, and a nice bunch of birds looks like a lot of fun!

·
Registered
165 Posts
We got 7 the first day,good mix mallards,black,woodie some green and blue wing teal . Had them flareing bad in the morning first thing til we figure there was bare spot in the blind and they could see use . after that was fixed they finally started coming in . O well live and learn . Was out saturday only got 2 was not alot moving where we was , across the river the guys had good shooting.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Congrats Bowtec What a good deal to get out with your son, Precious memories for all I am sure .

·
Registered
121 Posts
The river in Evandale was very rough due to the wind but we managed to have a pretty good shoot anyway. Seemed to be lots of blue winged teal this year.

Congrats to you and your son Bowtech.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts