New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm sure it won't take much rain to get that place flooded up nice. A guy doesn;t want it as flooded as last year anyways.. A couple nice ponds would be just right to keep them from getting into anywhere they want... You'll kill every teal in New Brnswick down at the sand bar again this year man won't be a teal insight.
Havnt seen to many down there yet this year,but im sure they'll be there, seen about 50 woodducks down there last night tho

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi Jabers,We mostly hunt around the Mistake Cove and the McGill Meadow. We usually move around a little after the first day. We don't build blinds much anymore.We just hide in the grass,in a good spot.We find the birds don't flair off as much,especially after the first day.Good Luck!..........RB

·
Registered
432 Posts
Why the difference in attitude between putting signs out on your spot for ducks and the big discussion for signs put out for Moose season?

Just wondering, I've experienced both and waterfowlers respect signs and accept a distance between blinds and it seems moose hunters don't.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Why the difference in attitude between putting signs out on your spot for ducks and the big discussion for signs put out for Moose season?

Just wondering, I've experienced both and waterfowlers respect signs and accept a distance between blinds and it seems moose hunters don't.
My take on it is that when a waterfowler puts a sign he intends to hunt that exact spot and as long as your say 3-400 meters away things are good, maybe better as you'll benefit from each other keeping the ducks moving, and a bird that the other guy misses has a 50% chance in coming your way looking for a safe spot to tuck into. Whereas a moose sign says to me that someone who has their lic intends to hunt that general area (alot bigger area) some folks try to put them at road mouths and if followed would stop people from potentially hunting hundreds of acres of ground. Moose hunters with the three day season and that they've been applying unsuccessfully for 20 years while all their neighbours and friends seem to get drawn every second year are a crankyer lot. The bottom line is most of the time these signs are placed on Crown land which belongs to everyone and no one. So neither party has any more right to that spot than the other, no matter how it has been scouted or blinds built. But this is where sportsmens ethics come in. I've been hunting waterfowl by myself and had an other person ask me to join them. The best is to have two spots picked out and then if there's a conflict at one location you can always go to the other. The bottom line is do you want to hunt or argue.

Bill G.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well said Bill If someone wants the spot i marked that bad that set up right by me fine they can have it I got more then one place i can hunt . I will tell them I dont like what they did but i aint going to fight over it. Riverboy i got the fist 2 weeks of duck season off if you want try do jemseg let me know .

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.