New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a BC resident(born in Saint John) and my father lives and hunts in NB. I have a BC resident hunter card. What are the requirements for me to hunt with my father and how much $$$$. I plan on being there for the first week of open deer season this fall.

Thanks,

·
Banned
348 Posts
As for Licensed guide, your father or someone in the hunting party has to go to DNR and write a guides test. All the questions are from the hunting regulations book. I read the book in front of the ranger and wrote the test 20 mins later and passed. The person who gets their guide licensed has two choices - a fee guide or a hunter guide (I forget which is 1 and which is 2). Choose the hunter guide so that they can hunt while guiding you. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Very true. Sorry the license cost is so steep. Fortunately the guide license (aka. license to accompany) only costs $10. The only way around this is if you still own land in NB. If you do, then you can call DNR, and they might be able to classify you as a resident....maybe. I was told that there is some rule that if you were born in NB and own land in NB, then you can apply for a resident hunting license no matter where you live.

Please correct me if you know this rule better than I do.

·
Registered
627 Posts
You're right Murray. It used to be that you had to be born in N.B. OR own real property but now says born in N.B. AND own real property.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone, I wish it was only that I was born in NB. I don't have any real estate there. You would think that tourism NB would go back to only "born" in NB.It costs enough as it is to fly back home. Yes I do still call it home. Oh Well . I still enjoy the trips back!!!

Cheers!!

Doug

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks everyone, I wish it was only that I was born in NB. I don't have any real estate there. You would think that tourism NB would go back to only "born" in NB.It costs enough as it is to fly back home. Yes I do still call it home. Oh Well . I still enjoy the trips back!!!

Cheers!!

Doug

1 - 8 of 8 Posts