New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If money, availability, etc was not an obstacle which accessories would you put on a new wheelie bow?

I think I'd go with the wrapped Spot Hogg Hunter 5 pin with the new steel pins in descending sizes. (2) .029, (2) with .019 and one with the .010 pin.

Rest would be the AAE Pro Drop

Quiver would be Tight Spot

Vapor Trail string and cables

Not sure which stabilizer I'd put on... I like the looks of the Specialty Archery 10" Hunter lite stabilizer that I have so I might stick with it.

I'd still go with my STS String Suppressor, Red Eye Peep and my Scott mongoose release.

Actually thinking of doing the upgrades this year, all except the quiver. I found a replacement part for my Bowtech quiver so I'll be keeping it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
rest- QAD Ultra-Rest HD Pro Series

Just got a new Tru Glo Tru-site xtreme, I'd probably stick with that. The pins are ALOT brighter then my basic tru glo 4
pin sight, and it has micro adjustment.

Not real picky about a quiver, but if money wasn't a factor I'd probably go with a 5 arrow Octane, one piece.

Don't know too much about strings, but my Scorpion Strings seem to be doing pretty well.

Would probably go with another Scott release, the Shark buckle with the length adjustment.

The Spot Hogg you are thinking about Bowtech, sounds pretty cool.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Rest new limbdriver pro v
sight would be Sportsman special 42 mm black sur loc sight
tight spot quiver
Vapor trail,or worlds best bow stings
everything else I already have, and im just waiting on the rest to come out so I can buy it, and I have 2 sets of americas best strings so dont need them anytime soon, Just spent over 500 on a new target sight so the hha I have will have to do for this year for hunting,

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Bowtech, just wondering why you dont like the limbdriver rest, I see your looking into the aae witch is the same idea, why not go with the original. I was looking at the aae pro but I think its basically the same idea. Now the DOA full capture has gotten my attention

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
lol its a target sight, sure loc challenger with 9 inch bar, Viper scope with 6x lens, Also have a number 2 clarifier in my peep, Its actually not that expensive for a target sight, kinda mindle of the road, Some sight and scope combos can run up in the upper 700-800 range.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bowtech, just wondering why you dont like the limbdriver rest, I see your looking into the aae witch is the same idea, why not go with the original. I was looking at the aae pro but I think its basically the same idea. Now the DOA full capture has gotten my attention
Been flipping the two back and forth, reading reviews, etc. I like the forks better on the AAE and the odd spring failure showing up on the reviews of the Limbdriver. Not much difference between the smackdown, limbdriver and pro drop

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Hmm ive had mine for a few years no problem.

Ive looked at the spot hogg sights and im a real big fan of single pins, and the hogg father has got me thinking

Also bowtech a very nice sight that gets over looked is the viper archery sights, I just bough a viper archery scope for my target sight and it is not even close on witch has the brighter pin between it and my hha, the viper has the best fiber optice i have SEEN so bright its unreal. They make some nice looking hunting sights as well, only thing I dont really like about them is they incorparate the mathews harmonic dampner in them.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmm ive had mine for a few years no problem.

Ive looked at the spot hogg sights and im a real big fan of single pins, and the hogg father has got me thinking

Also bowtech a very nice sight that gets over looked is the viper archery sights, I just bough a viper archery scope for my target sight and it is not even close on witch has the brighter pin between it and my hha, the viper has the best fiber optice i have SEEN so bright its unreal. They make some nice looking hunting sights as well, only thing I dont really like about them is they incorparate the mathews harmonic dampner in them.
Not saying they aren't good just read about a few that had problems with the springs. I imagine 99% never have a problem.

·
Registered
909 Posts
ya thats obvious
There is so much to choose it's hard to say but I like HHA 1 pin sight set up for shots 0 to 30 yards and 1 adjustment for 40 and 50.Trophy takers new rest The Xtreme FC Angled Slot Fall Away Arrow ,octane stabilizer(really stoped vibration and quited my bow down big time) limb saver ultra quads for spit limbs and quiver I like is hip quiver.I like the scott adjustable releases for lengh and triggers sesitivity too.Fuse stab is suppose to work really well and sights I think are personal choice.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There is so much to choose it's hard to say but I like HHA 1 pin sight set up for shots 0 to 30 yards and 1 adjustment for 40 and 50.Trophy takers new rest The Xtreme FC Angled Slot Fall Away Arrow ,octane stabilizer(really stoped vibration and quited my bow down big time) limb saver ultra quads for spit limbs and quiver I like is hip quiver.I like the scott adjustable releases for lengh and triggers sesitivity too.Fuse stab is suppose to work really well and sights I think are personal choice.
I thought PSE's were already "whisper" quiet and shock free???

I think I'm gonna order up a new AAE Pro Drop rest in March when the new camo ones come out if I can get it custom dipped. If not I may get the black one, ewww. Been thinking hard on a new sight but there isn't really any reason for me to change mine? I'm sure by March I'll have thought of something

I really don't like black for a color, maybe because it isn't
I mean , come on, everyone knows your bow doesn't shoot near as good if it isn't color coordinated

1 - 16 of 16 Posts