New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
At 11:30 this morning I passed up a super nice 4 point buck. When I saw him from the side view I thought he may have been a shooter while standing in the old cut. But as he turned his head and made it over to 15 yards from the stand I had to pass. Really nice forks and long points.

Then tonight I called in another buck that came it fast and I could only hear him when he got real close due to the frigging wind gusts. I looked over my right shoulder and saw him coming to my right. I could see a decent rack and was trying to turn around but I was going to get busted. So I put up the gun on my left shoulder trying for the old switcheroo but as I did the treestand creeked. He backed up 2 steps and I couldn't see his head anymore.

I think he may have been an 8 point right on the edge of shootable. He wasn't huge by no means but he was smart!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Glad to hear somone is sighting deer and being able to have a choice. Brings hopes up for next year. Didn't see a thing only seen on cameras then they became ghosts. Good luck with your hunt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts