New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

This is my first fall with a bow and i wussed out of using it to hunt this year and took my buck with a rifle. Anyway I have purchased a PSE stinger bow. Great bow but the problem i am now having is the peep sight twisting on me. Some times I have to come back to full draw and then hold it there until the peep site "pops" back around. Once that happens I then have to get my sights. Not sure how to fix this any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
your strings have probably stretch and there for its not lined up anymore, Take it to someone with a bow press most shops have them. It an easy fix, but dont take it out without a press or you WILL damage your string,
Where do you live

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
your strings have probably stretch and there for its not lined up anymore, Take it to someone with a bow press most shops have them. It an easy fix, but dont take it out without a press or you WILL damage your string
What NBDH said.

Stock strings SUCK!!! -- get some good strings and fire a 100 shots or so then redo the peep. that should fix the problem

Also check your string real good .. (its as NBDH said most likley creep), but a broken strand can cause issue as well..just to safe.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
You can buy a new string or just put it in a press and put a couple twists in the string to bring it back to where it was. It will also make your peep rotate faster so there shouldn't be any waiting but as Muin said if it isn't a top line bow, factory strings are not the best. If your using a string loop just take that one off and put a new one on with the right rotation. I have to do that on mine since I lost my peep last week and am using a spare till my new one comes in

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome thanks for the help guys. Its been a pain in the ass

NBDuckhunter I am in Saint John.

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
Thats also why i use the old school rubber peep tube to align my peep

(even on good strings)
just remember to check and change it depending on how much you shoot (or the bugger will snap at the worst time..)

• Upvote
Reactions: styk

·
Registered
495 Posts
Thats also why i use the old school rubber peep tube to align my peep

(even on good strings)
just remember to check and change it depending on how much you shoot (or the bugger will snap at the worst time..)
Ick, rubbers suck...LOL

I used the rubber tube on my ancient PSE but not on my Mathews. After I shot for a month, I went back to my dealer and had him move and adjust it straight again. Then in September I moved it up the string about a 1/4 inch which of course resulted in enough twist I had to get it adjusted again. This time the dealer was away for a week so I went on the Archery Talk forums, looked at a a few press plans and built my own press. Now I can do all the simple maintenance myself. In any case, I fine the tubeless peep works good for me.

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts