New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I just bought the perfect partridge gun. Its a new to me salvage 24 c. For those not who dont know it is a 22lr over 410. Ive been looking for one now for over 2 yrs. They come in many models but I wanted the one with the barrels welded the entire lenght. I tried it out tonight and both barrels are bang on. The trigger is descent. This gun will not be sold.

·
Registered
115 Posts
sounds neat didnt know they made anything like that does it have 2 triggers? and can both barrels be loaded at the same time? I would like to see pics if you go any

·
Registered
126 Posts
Had one sold it,wasn't accurate enough for me.Neat to have and show people but a total letdown when hunting.Try it on paper at different yardages and look at the results

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had one sold it,wasn't accurate enough for me.Neat to have and show people but a total letdown when hunting.Try it on paper at different yardages and look at the results
I have tried it out and it is very accurate. They made different kinds. Some of the barrels werent welded the entire lenght and they are not as good. There are some bad ones out there but this one is a keeper.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sounds neat didnt know they made anything like that does it have 2 triggers? and can both barrels be loaded at the same time? I would like to see pics if you go any
They have one trigger. There is a switch on either the hammer or the side of the receiver. Both barrels can be loaded at the same time. Google salvage 24c to see pictures and a world of info on them. They are sought after many collectors as they are no longer made.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well boys I've got one here that's a 30-30 with a 20gauge 3 inch chamber in the model 24v, I should sell it cause I've had it for about 25 years and only tried it once, good shape but it need trigger guard, any offers?

·
Registered
69 Posts
ive got one ... its a .222 over 20 gauge... thats my "perfect" partridge gun! nice light and ya got a little extra power of the .222 if ya see ol wiley coyote sneakin around!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well boys I've got one here that's a 30-30 with a 20gauge 3 inch chamber in the model 24v, I should sell it cause I've had it for about 25 years and only tried it once, good shape but it need trigger guard, any offers? It's not registered!
How much

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Baikal .223/12ga is on my wish list as the perfect coyote calling gun.The barrels are adjustable so they can be tuned to the same POI,unlike the Savage 24s,which are notorious for having different POI between the 2 barrels.If you found one that both barrels are "bang on" then yes,it's a keeper...enjoy.
I can barely read what your saying grinr. I eyes keep wondering to your avatar picture.lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts