1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Amazing how they all work together to get their meal for the day

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
She's a determined ol' gal, even after the fight's over she doesn't want to give up.

The whole video the guy behind the camera's quite the ****** to his kid though. Plenty fine for him to talk to his "Dude", but the kid starts to ask a question and it's "SSHHH".

·
Registered
83 Posts
Power In Numbers C'mon!!!

To Bad NB Hunters wouldnt have the same drive!!
Talked to guy the other day about hunting coyotes. Don't think he has ever hunted them. He is an avid deer hunter. He told me that going out to call or bait coyotes is too expensive.

This kind of attitude has got to stop. Deer hunters have got to step up to the plate .

·
Registered
726 Posts
Talked to guy the other day about hunting coyotes. Don't think he has ever hunted them. He is an avid deer hunter. He told me that going out to call or bait coyotes is too expensive.

This kind of attitude has got to stop. Deer hunters have got to step up to the plate .
Province should step up to the plate and add some extra money to a coyote pelt. Bounty. Yeah, Yeah I know "bounties don't work", but we're not trying to kill them all, just control them in the winter time. Fur prices suck so bad right now I havent put a trap or snare out. I usually average 20 coyotes each season. Make it worth while for the trappers and they'll put a hurting on them. Coyote hunters IMHO will never be successful enough to control the population or even put a dent in it. You put snares out 24/7 and a trapper can hang up some coyotes in the winter time. Deeper the snow the better they'll make trails to the bait site.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Province should step up to the plate and add some extra money to a coyote pelt. Bounty. Yeah, Yeah I know "bounties don't work", but we're not trying to kill them all, just control them in the winter time. Fur prices suck so bad right now I havent put a trap or snare out. I usually average 20 coyotes each season. Make it worth while for the trappers and they'll put a hurting on them. Coyote hunters IMHO will never be successful enough to control the population or even put a dent in it. You put snares out 24/7 and a trapper can hang up some coyotes in the winter time. Deeper the snow the better they'll make trails to the bait site.
I just get tired of listening to the bitchen and moaning most deer hunters seem to enjoy. They are always going on about DNR , forest companies,loss of winter habitat, etc. Most don't or won't get off their butts in the winter to go do something to help the deer. Like shoot yotes,cut cedar, or heaven forbid invest in some ground. Hunters have got to get proactive about sustaining the resource. Summer and fall food plots will help lay on fat reserves to help get deer through the winter, but they are mostly for hunting over.

I just keep shooting them every year. Years of high fur prices I shoot less. Cause some trappers go after them. Can't depend on trappers .

I got 1200 acres of wood lot. New rule as of today. No hunters allowed on it till they shoot a coyote.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I just get tired of listening to the bitchen and moaning most deer hunters seem to enjoy. They are always going on about DNR , forest companies,loss of winter habitat, etc. Most don't or won't get off their butts in the winter to go do something to help the deer. Like shoot yotes,cut cedar, or heaven forbid invest in some ground. Hunters have got to get proactive about sustaining the resource. Summer and fall food plots will help lay on fat reserves to help get deer through the winter, but they are mostly for hunting over.

I just keep shooting them every year. Years of high fur prices I shoot less. Cause some trappers go after them. Can't depend on trappers .

I got 1200 acres of wood lot. New rule as of today. No hunters allowed on it till they shoot a coyote.
Sounds like a good deal,I will be up next fall

·
Registered
242 Posts
all very true. where i live there are deer wintering here. lots of deer hunters close to me . they all see me buying feed to what i can afford but no one looking to chip in. thought about putting up sign deer feed wanted see if any one would buy some drop it off. but dought it. but they will wine when they close deer hunting

1 - 13 of 13 Posts