New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im just wondering who on here actually takes the time to do some post season scouting, I was out today for a litle walk looking for some new areas, Found a couple nice future stand posibilities. I put up a camera on one of the trails in the area, Does anyone think putting out a mineral station this time of year would be a good idea, Also maybe some of the veterans on here could post up some tips for past season scouting

·
Registered
3 Posts
I usually go for walks every chance I get cameras are out year round to check up on whats in the area. I put out a bin of parsnip, For the mineral lick or fountain not til April the fountain pail freezes and cracks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I shot my deer last thursday morning and should get out scouting once every weekend till the snows to deep.Best time to scout IMO,sign is still fresh and easy to see.Plus I didn't get the deer I was after so more homework is need to get a better location on him.Man he was smart this year,not one pic in the daylight since he showed back up in Sept,not one!!Last season I had a few pics a week of him in the daylight and passed him up.He was a 10 pt last season but he was nothing compared to the big 8pt that was coming.He dissappeared the end of Nov and haven't seen him since.I alwasy scout after I get my deer and then again in the spring while shed hunting.After that i let the trail cams do most of the work for me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I keep a mineral block out all year round.The only time I find that they do not come to it every day is in fall.All winter long they will keep a trail beat down to it.In the spring is when they hit it real hard,and will dig a hole in the dirt around it trying to get it.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Going out today to put a camera out. I need about 4 more cameras though. 1 doesn't cut it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
what are you fellows using for licks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts