New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well stopped off at Atlantic Archery on Tuesday after meetings in Fredericton and picked up the parts to fix my Bowtech quiver and also some string for the Trophy Taker rest.
Stripped her down after work today and put the parts on the quiver. I had a little fletching contact that I noticed on the TT and the string would get pushed back through upon release so I stripped off my loop and readjusted the TT up a little so it drops flat to get better clearance. I also double knotted the string, one on both sides where it goes through to prevent it going back through. I also lenghtened the string slightly to only allow the arrow to come up the last 1/2". I had previously called TT about the cam timing with the binary cams using the TT and they recommended to only allow for lift on the last 1/2" instead of the regular 1.5-2.5" with regular dual cams to prevent timing issues. I didn't want to redo it previously until I could redo everything as I didn't want to retune twice. Then I retied my loop and redid the peep. I had to take the string off and put another couple of twists in it to get it perfect once I cinched down the loop. I hate loosening the loop again once I get it tight.
Just have to retune and adjust the pins again and she should be good as new. I'll have to replace the string and cables this year before the season and do it all over again but will shoot with it this summer and see how the TT does with the current adjustment. If I'm not happy I think I might replace it with a AAE Pro Drop this fall which attaches to the limb instead of the cable.
Might as well get a new sight while I'm redoing everything, no sense redoing everything again later

been looking pretty hard at the Spot Hogg Hunter with their new steel pins. I'd like to get the 5 pin with wrap and configure the pins to have (2) .029, (2) .019 and one .010.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Good job bowtech,

As far a strings, go my buddy just got a set of strings and cabels from vapour trail, and they are very very nice, Im putting them on the bow this weekend for him. The company was very good to deal with as well. I know you asked me about them on a previous post, so I though I would let ya know how this set turns out, Also they shipped the order out in 2 days, witch is very fast. He also got the new pro v drop rest that I will be testing as well lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts