New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Good with me. I got some bad news last night. I drew a doe tag for Grand Manan, but the guy we were going to stay with is saying that there are not many deer on the back side of the island, where his camp is. This is most disappointing, as im trying to get my first bow kill deer. Time for plan B

·
Registered
867 Posts
lots of time yet..its early we will be just fine come Nov 21
Yup,this is Mr.Lucky's year to break the curse and change his handle,ha!
I've been off the grid at moose camp for last 3 weeks,glad to see you take the reigns J.,cool. :8
I need about 3 days sleep me thinks,haha....plan to start deer/elk huntn later this week before I get back to the real world and old grind. :p
Got a Nov moose tag up north along the Peace R. so not in any panic yet,plan to treat it like a deer hunt,targeting big woods WT and hopefully wacking any bull moose I stumble upon as usually do quite often when deer hunting without moose tag....we'll see.
Hell,just plain goin huntn with bull elk,bull moose,WT buck and 2 doe tags in pocket,see what unfolds I guess?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Sounds like Albertabound is providing the venision for our champions dinner :)

·
Registered
867 Posts
Sounds like Albertabound is providing the venision for our champions dinner :)
Haha.....wouldn't count on it.
Last year I had all those tags except moose, plus mule buck and tagged one WT doe.
Year before,tagged bull elk,wt doe.
Year before,bull elk.
Ive been saying "Booner or Bust" for 5 years now......and I've eaten my WT Buck tag for ohhhhh....5 years now,lol.
Me thinks I might have to lower my expectations/standards a wee bit and take the next decent buck that presents itself?Ive come to the conclusion that it's unrealistic to hold out for a Booner if one hasn't done the preseason scouting to specifically locate and target a particular buck.
Passing up 140 class WT bucks in hopes that a 170 might stroll by if there's even a 170 within 50km of there is kinda crazy,no?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
you have brainwashed yourself to the spoils of western hunting compared to here in NB

would you regularly pass a 140class buck here in NB??? Guessing NO

so............shootem & eatem!!!!!!

·
Registered
867 Posts
you have brainwashed yourself to the spoils of western hunting compared to here in NB

would you regularly pass a 140class buck here in NB??? Guessing NO
so............shootem & eatem!!!!!!
Haha...not a chance!
....but I regularily pass on deer here that I would shoot in a heartbeat in NB.....hence,a good part of why I've eaten buck tag soup for last 4 years. :(
Last year for instance,tagged a doe during late Sept elk hunt,then over the course of 12 days deer hunting in Nov.,passed on at least another 200 does and ate my 2nd doe tag,plus at least 15 bucks from forkies to young 8-10 pointers got a free pass.Of the 6-7 "good" bucks that I seen and mighta wanted to shoot,a cpl got a free pass,and the others decided for me,either too far,too fast,or combination of both,DOH! :p

1 - 20 of 62 Posts