New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
utopiahunter
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have any sugestions on what to buy. its going to be for bow hunting right to yotes im thinking 300 yard shot max

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Well i have a bushnell scout 1000 with arc, had it for over 3 years and it works great for the price. Its not a 1000 dollar piece of equipment but for what i paid for it am very happy.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Well i have a bushnell scout 1000 with arc, had it for over 3 years and it works great for the price. Its not a 1000 dollar piece of equipment but for what i paid for it am very happy.
I use a Bushnell Legend Yardage Pro and think its great!! Had it 5 years now or so and changed battery once...prolly died from not being used so much

·
Registered
83 Posts
Got A Bushnell yardage Pro 800. Only Bush product I own.

Had it for years, has never let me down. Must be close to 10 years now.

Use it a lot on the farm measuring fields.

The optics on it suck big time. But it is accurate and always works.

Didn't know that till last November I had a chance in Sask to look through a Swavorski .

·
Registered
1,610 Posts

Didn't know that till last November I had a chance in Sask to look through a Swavorski .
X2 That's what I use, have had it for years, carry it with me every time I hunt.

I see Cabelas has one on sale in the Inventory Clearance Sale Catalog on page 78 that I got in the mail today. Save $50.00 Regular $249.99 on for $199.00, Bowhunter Yardage Pro Laser Rangefinder, Angle Range Compensation Tachnology with bow mode for multiple readings at once from 5-800 yards. Thinking I should be upgrading mine!

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have a Leopold RX II. I've only had it for a year but I used it quite a bit last fall (and through the summer on the golf course). I've learned that out past about 125 if you aren't using a rangefinder and you're trying to guesstimate you are probably going to get it wrong by enough to make a difference.

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
use a bushnell 450
works fine for what i use it for..

·
Registered
495 Posts
hows every one but me get a catalog i buy stuff from them and order catalogs they still dont send them.
Use your address including spaces as it is on the Canada Post website. Took me two tries to get mine. They have a fickle catalog order page. As an alternative, I would call them directly, and tell them you want a catalog, and that you have tried filling out the online form.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts

Youre really rite about that crappy glass!
Most of the cheap rangefinders will range well past what you can see with them, especially near dark!
If I were him I would buy a used compact leica, awesome glass and fits in yours pocket, and shouldnt cost much more than a new bushie or leupold.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts