New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are their any ranges near Moncton one can use without having to be member of a club? Would like to sight my .22 & 30WCF in for the fall but would prefer not to join a club halfway through the year. Plan to rejoin Grande-Digue for 2011 but I know they don't allow one-time use of the range.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Are their any ranges near Moncton one can use without having to be member of a club? Would like to sight my .22 & 30WCF in for the fall but would prefer not to join a club halfway through the year. Plan to rejoin Grande-Digue for 2011 but I know they don't allow one-time use of the range.
There is one on Walker Road in Sackville NB. That is where I went last year. You will probably have to get a permit. I also heard there was on up on Indian Mountain but I could get no solid information on who to contact or how to gain legal access.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is one on Walker Road in Sackville NB. That is where I went last year. You will probably have to get a permit. I also heard there was on up on Indian Mountain but I could get no solid information on who to contact or how to gain legal access.
Didn't know about the one on Walker Road, do you have any contact info for it? The one on Indian Mountain is the Buckskinners Muzzleloading Club, as the name indicates they are a black powder club.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Didn't know about the one on Walker Road, do you have any contact info for it? The one on Indian Mountain is the Buckskinners Muzzleloading Club, as the name indicates they are a black powder club.
It was actually two years ago that I got a permit. I went with my dog last year as soon as woodcock season started with some large pieces of cardboard to do some patterning. Although I believe it is a rifle only range. I think you could probably contact the DNR office in Dieppe and they could give you more solid info.

The directions are in the google maps link below:

Walker Road Range

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
The one on Victoria road (off Indian Mountain) is owned by the Moncton Fish and Game Association.. you don't need to be a member to shoot there but you do require a permit from DNR for weapons out of season... if they are in season, might be worth a call to see if you require one or not to be able to be on the property there...

·
Registered
614 Posts
Some users of that range are bit touchy about non-members using the range which they pay for and work at maintaining.
On the one hand, I can see their point. Would be nice for everyone to join who wants to use it.
On the other hand, I do believe (but stand to be corrected) that they cannot stop you from using it.
Just sayin'....
Lots of room there, though. No shotguns allowed, however. I think there's a handgun range just beyond the rifle range but I'm not sure as I don't have a handgun so I never checked it out. I've met former and present cops coming out of there though after they were done practising with sidearm cases in their hands, so I assume they ain't plinking Alpine cans with extremely short rifles.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Spoke to DNR yesterday, the Walker Road range is currently closed for repair work to the berm, the lady I spoke with had no date for it's re-opening at the moment. The range on Victoria Road is open to non-members on Monday and Wednesday all day and Saturday afternoon. As mentioned one must have a permit from the DNR office in Dieppe to use it. Speaking of membership, what is the yearly membership for the Moncton Fish & Game Association?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
membership that includes useage of the range is around 70 bucks or so... if I remember correctly..

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Used the range yesterday, nice little spot, the target bases are due for some maintenance though.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Petitcodiac has a good facility. A years membership is 50$, and they often have guest speakers related to hunting and fishing one night per month.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Petitcodiac has a good facility. A years membership is 50$, and they often have guest speakers related to hunting and fishing one night per month.
I was wondering about Petitcodiac club. I tried to get out there 3 times to shoot some clays but the shoots were canceled all 3 times.

·
Registered
121 Posts
They changed the time of there shoots this summer.

·
Registered
220 Posts
They changed the time of there shoots this summer.
Sometimes the clay shoots are cancelled because of low attendance. There facility is top notch. They are also in the process of putting in a dedicated hand gun range which may interfere with the clay shoots for a week or 2.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Peticodiac sportsman club plows there road in the winter. Not many ranges do this. They also have a shooting hut with a wood stove in it. The club house, although not used as much as it should be is a great facility. The people are friendly. The range might have 40 active members so you are never rushed out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sussex Fish and Game $25.00 per year. Located near adairs Lodge. Rifle, Pistol, Skeet ranges with archery under construction. Club meets every second Thurs at 7:30 PM.
Soldier

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yes sometimes the targets get shot up. We are always looking for volunteer's to help build new stands and help with the up keep of the ranges. Come spring help is always needed. I will post on the forum when the spring clean up and maintenance is for those that would like to help. The club is run by volunteers and in the last couple of yrs the membership has doubled but people helping has stayed the same.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts