New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody tell me what the process to register a Non Restricted Firearm is? Here is the situation I've hunted for some 25 years and about 15 years ago or whenever the gun registry came into play like many hunters I stopped hunting, sold all of my rifles except this one which is an old 303 Lee Enfield rifle that might be worth $100, I never registered it and it has never been registered now I've decided to get back into hunting, I was waiting for the gun registry to be abolished but apparently it's not going to happen or at least not in the near future anyway I've just received my PAL and I was planning on registering that old 303 for sentimental reasons and buying myself a new hunting rifle but I wonder what kind of procedure is in place to register this gun somebody told me I would have to get it verified does anybody know what the procedure is? Will I get into trouble for not having registered this before? Am I better off digging a hole and burying it? I know there is an amnesty until may 2011 for registering guns but I wonder once I give them a call if I'm going to regret it.
If anybody can give me some advice here I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I don't know if you can still do it online, but i have registered two old 303's but i do know that you can phone them in. You just need to do some google research to find out what make yours is and have the serial number on it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I registered some a couple of years ago - also under an amnesty - with no problems. Having it verified can be done over the phone. I think they give you a verification number which I then used to register the gun on their website. I hate like hell to tell you it was easy - but it was. Glad to hear your getting back into the game.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
The Amnesty protects you from criminal penalty so call them up to verify it over the phone for free, and they will give you the info you need to register it!(wifey works there)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can somebody tell me what the process to register a Non Restricted Firearm is? Here is the situation I've hunted for some 25 years and about 15 years ago or whenever the gun registry came into play like many hunters I stopped hunting, sold all of my rifles except this one which is an old 303 Lee Enfield rifle that might be worth $100, I never registered it and it has never been registered now I've decided to get back into hunting, I was waiting for the gun registry to be abolished but apparently it's not going to happen or at least not in the near future anyway I've just received my PAL and I was planning on registering that old 303 for sentimental reasons and buying myself a new hunting rifle but I wonder what kind of procedure is in place to register this gun somebody told me I would have to get it verified does anybody know what the procedure is? Will I get into trouble for not having registered this before? Am I better off digging a hole and burying it? I know there is an amnesty until may 2011 for registering guns but I wonder once I give them a call if I'm going to regret it.
If anybody can give me some advice here I would appreciate it.
Thank you all for your feedback I wasn't sure if they were going to give me a hard time for not having registered it before, and once they knew who I was then it would of been to late, I'll give them a call and get that done with, and Hell yes I'm glad to get back into HUNTING I've missed it a lot. On another note this is a real nice site I'm glad I've joined, I'm sure you will all share your secret hunting spot with an old Hunter who is new to the site

Thanks

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thank you all for your feedback I wasn't sure if they were going to give me a hard time for not having registered it before, and once they knew who I was then it would of been to late, I'll give them a call and get that done with, and Hell yes I'm glad to get back into HUNTING I've missed it a lot. On another note this is a real nice site I'm glad I've joined, I'm sure you will all share your secret hunting spot with an old Hunter who is new to the site

Thanks
I know a great spot to hunt. Bullseye back yard. Your sure to get a crack at a deer there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts