New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't had a chance at a bear yet. But I was looking for clarification on what needs to be present when you bring the bear to be registered. In the book it says "carcass", is this a gutted body? Hide still attached? Just curious, any help from the experienced guys is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
I've never registered one... But as far as I know and have seen people take the" entire bear" in to register (minus the guts)..

1: Shoot

2: Remove insides

3: take to register

4: skin, butcher and eat..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, It's likely I'll end up shooting mine just before dark (if all goes well) and I wanted to get the hide off as soon as possible instead of waiting to register it the next day. But if that's the rules, then that's the rules.

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
Someone else may be able to answer,

but I 'd think you could take the skinned carcass and hide together (to aid overnight in cooling of the meat)..

Id contact DNR or a local guide, they could confirm this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can for sure take the skinned carcass to register, just make sure to bring both hide and carcass. Not sure how far you are from a registration station but if you shoot the bear and only register the next day definately skin it right away. No good having that hide on all night

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
Guides dont have to do this. They process the registry themselves. I took my 2014 archery bear in the next morning caped off with paw tag and carcass and was issued my meat permit no prob. This whole registry should be simplified so that avg Joe harvesting a bear in warm weather wouldn't have to go thru this red tape.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts