New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'd lean towards the least expensive of the two.
If you were looking at a 223 the faster twist in the savage offering might be a consideration but in 22-250 they are both the same.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Friend of mine has the 700 and likes it, I myself have a T3 HB Varmit and absolutely love it!!!
I'm sure the Savage would also be a good shooter. Boils down to personal preference pal.
Good Luck Choosing!!

G

·
You can't go wrong with either. If you can, get to a gun shop and shoulder both, and work the bolt a few times. That should tell you which one you'd like better.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
The bolt will feel better on the remmy, I would put my money on the savage as far as groups go, everyone knows I would say this, but its true!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, it's a tough decision, unfortunatly The Gun Dealer doesn't have either gun in stock to fondle, & they seem to compare quite similar.

I have a couple model 700's in bigger calibers & a Savage Mark II in .22Lr & I really love it, there was a time a few years ago when you couldn't pay me to buy a Savage, but man have they ever stepped up to the plate & are producing some friggen awesome guns for the $$$, Rem 700 has been solid for years.

I have no doubt they will both be shooters, should be similar in quality of build............... I don't know, I might just decide based it on what gun is the lowest price.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
The bolt will feel better on the remmy, I would put my money on the savage as far as groups go, everyone knows I would say this, but its true!
Cooey 750 .22 single w/ scope Cmon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts