New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two crosman Co2 model 38T revolver pellet hand guns and one crosman Co2 Mark 1 pellet hand gun. All complete and in fair to good condition. The problem is, they all leak as soon as you install the Co2 cartridge. Does anyone know if these are worth repairing and where to get parts? Any information is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Its likely an o-ring somewhere. Disassemble them, and see if you can get a new one. You might even be able to order parts direct from the manufacturer, or if its just a simple o-ring then Napa Auto Parts or Canadian Tire. Or, do like JCrawford said, and oil em up. Rubber will deteriorate over time, so keeping it lubed with oil that is safe for the rubber seal would be a good idea.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Lubing the O-ring is probably the answer.

On my diving tanks I used Vaseline worked OK but needed to be done frequently.
On my homebrew trailcam I use...O-ring lube (CLICK HERE) one application per season.
You can probably find something like this around town rather than online

As the o-ring has already been used if you remove it remember what way it is situated and try and get it back the same way.
In some instances it makes a diff,probably not this one but maybe,....pretty easy to avoid.
A new O-ring is your best bet if you can find one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
the rubber that the o-ring is made up will "swell " when oil is addede to it hence making a better seal. Your O-ring could very well be done , since Co2 isn't the easiest of things on O-rings. You can probably find these just about anywheres. O-rings are extremly common.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts