New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hey all

Got my deer back from the butcher the other day, had him debone it for bottling except for the neck and loins. Bottlings done, steaks and neck are frozen. All is left is 3 lbs of deboned deer rib meat.

Any recipes to cook this up or is it spring bear fodder?

·
Registered
270 Posts
You got a meat grinder? Mix with a bit of pork, a few spices and you could make some tasty sausage patties with that meat.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Cut it in bite sized pieces and boil it in water until about half done(gets rid of some of the fat) then boil it in honey garlic rib sauce...or marinate it and bake in the oven

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hey all

Got my deer back from the butcher the other day, had him debone it for bottling except for the neck and loins. Bottlings done, steaks and neck are frozen. All is left is 3 lbs of deboned deer rib meat.

Any recipes to cook this up or is it spring bear fodder?
Where did you find a Butcher that would debone the meat?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Geldarts on homestead road near Riverglade, may have been more because it was less work then cutting it up and then having to clean the saw again for one deer.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Make a fire and cook them over the hot coals. Trust me, do this with ribs and you will never want to use your oven again
Too bad it's been deboned though.

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
Ribs = Stew meat

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I use Geldarts for my butchering as well. He does a good job and always treats me great
cook ribs in the oven on low heat or in a slow cooker with some spare rib sauce. just typing that makes me hungry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts