New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just read a book about the history of hunting in Africa.
The author, Brian Herne, stated that 10% of professional hunters shot from their left shoulder.
So do I, with a rifle, being left-eye domimant. But learned as a kid to shoot a bow right handed and now shoot a bow both ways.
I'm wondering if this % holds true with this group.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I shoot right, but if a deer comes in on my right side in a stand I can switch to my left no prob. My father does everything with his right but shots left.
It is funny to see him run a right handed bolt. He is pretty slick at it, he can shoot as fast and as accurate as a right hander shooting it can.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just read a book about the history of hunting in Africa.
The author, Brian Herne, stated that 10% of professional hunters shot from their left shoulder.
So do I, with a rifle, being left-eye domimant. But learned as a kid to shoot a bow right handed and now shoot a bow both ways.
I'm wondering if this % holds true with this group.
Im a right hand shooter, but my son slaps a puck right handed hits a ball right , swings a golf club rightDoes everything right handed. but shoot , well you guessed it ,,,left.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Lighter calibers i will shoot both sides but heavier guns i stay on my right side. I hate recoil on the left side and miss the target. It would help to shoot both sides equally, especially when that big buck comes offers a shot only on ur bad side.

·
Registered
323 Posts
As my user names suggests, I am a lefty and I shoot rifle, shotgun and bow with my left. For writing, I use my left hand and for sports, I bat and throw with my right plus I can fly fish equally well with either hand.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I shoot right handed, but I am left eye dominant. I have to close my left eye to get a clear shot at anything, and when I'm shooting clays, I block out the left lens on my shooting glasses. A real pain in the rear, but I haven't taken the time to try and shoot left handed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts