New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Well had a real good hunt with my dad and two uncles, dad turned 65 this summer and uncle Noel who was drawn turned 68 this year.Its a lil difficult hunting with these tired old fellas but we had fun.
We arrived wed afternoon and after setting up camp my uncle and i decided to go in and put out some scent.As we drove out to the bog which is 2.6 kilometers of terrible wheeling i noticed something hanging in the trees along the edge of the meadow and walk over to find a bunch of fleecy sheets hanging in the alders under an old stand 100 yards from ours.NICE EH?? Anyway what are you going to do so my uncle put out some scent and decided to call a couple times.I put out some too and we went back to camp, well the next morn at daylight my uncle noticed his plastic cups he had tied in the trees with urine from my 2009 bull were gone and walked over to see they were mauled out of the trees by a bull in the night who had layed down for a while not 30 yards from his stand.They had no luck seeing moose that day but seen 3 bears.Dad and i had a fork bull come in at 5 on thurs night but elected to pass.The next morn dad and i see nothing and the uncles seen two calves.That evening a cow starts bawling and i tell dad shes doing exactely wat the cow was doing last year when i got my bull, there must be a bull bothering her and i'm trying to figure out where she is but she only calls out every 5 mins.Just after 5 we here 2 shots and my uncle calls to say they dropped a big cow.They weren'y sure if it was a bull or not but with a day of rain in the forcast for saturday and the season almost 2/3's over we are pleased with our moose.We decided to stay the night and register her sat morn because it was after dark when we arrive at the camper.When we weighed her in Fredericton at 11:00 am saturday she weighed in at 720 LBS the largest cow weighed there up to that point.No antlers but lots of meat for the cooler...Congrats to all the sucessfull hunters and we've got a whole year to wait again..RR
I'll get some pics on here later...

·
Registered
925 Posts
That will be a hunt to remember for sure with that crothety crew. Looks loke Ihave a steak coming my way

·
Registered
481 Posts
Way to go on a great moose hunt ridgerunner. Dont like to hijack your thread but was wondering if you could explain the bounce sheets and the plastic cups. I have seen the cup thing before and wondered about it. thanks

·
Registered
797 Posts
Well the bounce sheets were put in there by someone hoping to $%^& up our hunt i pressume!! The cups are put up by hunters with scents to attract moose in them.I put strings through them and a piece of papertowel and pour a little urine in them in hopes of luring in something, i use the cups instead of pouring on the ground or spraying in the trees so not to waste it.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I edited my first post and you may understand it now.I was in a bit of a rush earlier and made a whack of mistakes..LOL

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Found out today a local from my home area shot the biggest cow this fall for Freddy, brought in later than mine on sat.His dressed 780 lbs..

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey BND's thats some wild looking bull with the long points you posted.Which area did he come from???????????P.S. is there any photos of the 33 point and the few moose i heard of over 60" off the base kickin around??RR

·
Registered
699 Posts
Hey BND's thats some wild looking bull with the long points you posted.Which area did he come from???????????P.S. is there any photos of the 33 point and the few moose i heard of over 60" off the base kickin around??RR
send me your email address...I have pics of both.
the 33 pter was 58 and a half...unbelievable!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts