New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey folks i am stuck up north and hoping to get out deer hunting a couple times in the next week or so and im planning on going to a privatly owned timber land that is open for hunting. it stretchs from saint quentin down towards Nictau and riley brook area. does anybody know the area and good places to hunt...i obviously dont expect ur hotspot but just the general area where some deer hang out. thanks a lot for any help..BOB

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well I don't know exactly where you plan to travel but I can tell you where not to go. I traveled and walked a lot of ground last weekend behind mount carleton / Nictau along the limit line of the park in zone 7. Defenitly not deer country ; mostly moose signs...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh ok great thanks...im planning on driving the road from saint quinten to nictau...just planning on heading closer to the nictau end of the road and finding a decent looking spot and doing some still hunting..might even go to riley brook if its not all private land...anybody know?

·
Registered
329 Posts
You could try Riley Brook area - I mean up the brook itself past what they call the "Levesque gate" which is just to the right of the main "Fraser" gate (which goes I think to Bald Peak). There is a good mixture of terrain there. Good cover along the brook, some 3 year old clearcuts, and further up some 15 year old cuts etc. Some mature timber areas there too. You could hoof it right from the main road if necessary.

This is just across the Tobique River from the Riley Brook community. Haven't been there in a couple years but was plenty of deer back then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts