New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
utopiahunter
1,446 Posts
Why not they lick the road salt around here.Atleast if there was a salt lick out they would be off the road some.unless you live by the salt water. then theres no need.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
They don't need a lick this time of year and won't use it much if you do put it out. If you still want one just go buy one of the flavored ones at co-op maybe?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Like Bowtech said, they don't need it much now. I keep one out year round 100 yards behind my house on a stake, and they haven't been near it much since early Dec. Spring is the best time to start a mineral site. I use the large 50Lb red livestock blocks from the co-op. Usually have to buy two a year as they melt down pretty fast.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I also tried the Rackstacker mineral fountain last summer, but wasn't too impressed with it. Even in this well established(many years)spot, I did not see my deer go near the tree I had it on hardly at all. In fact I think it even spooked my deer somewhat.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I also tried the Rackstacker mineral fountain last summer, but wasn't too impressed with it. Even in this well established(many years)spot, I did not see my deer go near the tree I had it on hardly at all. In fact I think it even spooked my deer somewhat.
Your kidding me!!! All we heard all summer was Rackstacker this and Rackstacker that...LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts