New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a Savage Edge. To me, the gun looks good but I would like some feedback. Tell me what you think about it (if it's worth the money).

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I'm looking to get a Savage Edge. To me, the gun looks good but I would like some feedback. Tell me what you think about it (if it's worth the money).
Go with the Stevens 200....Best low end rifle on the market hands down IMO....With exception maybe to the Marlin XL7(but that will run you a bit more again)

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's been said many times....if your going to use the rifle as-is for shooting and have no inclination to tinker.....go with either the Edge or Stevens. both will fill the bill admirably. Personally, I did not like the feel of the Stevens as much as the Edge. The length of pull on the Edge fit me better. Also I liked the drop box magazine.

IF you want to play...go with the Stevens, much more flexible as far as replacement parts like triggers-stocks-barrels etc.

Both are tack-drivers. Personally I went with the Edge. Both need a bit of trigger work to drop the triggerpull weight. USE A GUNSMITH!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I bought one yesterday in 22-250,I have a buddy that bought one a couple months ago and like's it and say's it shoot's well, I went online and read lot's of review's on it and for the most part review's are positive with trigger pull being the main complaint I've seen, if your looking to spend a 1000 bucks plus they had lot's of gun's on the racks that were definitely nicer but for $425 out the door ready to shoot with mounted scope it was a good deal to me

·
Registered
110 Posts
I was going to buy an Edge, but for my needs I was convinced otherwise. I want a varmint gun to use a LOT, so I'm not taking chances and saving my pennies to buy a TC Venture or something along those lines.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I seen a bunch of reports about the TC ventures having problems with the magazine falling apart. I have an edge and so far it seems pretty good. I have only went through 30 or so rounds but it shoots nice and for $402 from cabelas I got no complaints yet.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Listed on the NSH site

for sale brand new 7mm08 savage edge black in color 420.00
need to sell come with full box of ammo
comes with factory 3-9 scope and browning sling

·
Registered
289 Posts
I don't have one or the Stevens even but I mean look ....It's a new Rifle often in a package with a scope for $400-$450 ..... hard to go wrong and at $400 (ish) I'd say as long as your expectations are realistic it would be difficult not to be pleased. This Rifle must be murder on the used gun market!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts