New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just bought a Savage Model 219 in 30-30 cal. I would like to learn more about this rifle but have been unable to find much. Has anyone had any experience with one or know anything about them?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a Savage Model 219 in 30-30 cal. I would like to learn more about this rifle but have been unable to find much. Has anyone had any experience with one or know anything about them?
I have a break action 30-30 Win. if it helps ..
bottom barrel is a 20 gauge

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
do you have the model 219L?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I use to have a Savage 30-30 219L. I do know that you cannot buy parts for it, unless of course you buy a parts gun or have a gunsmith mill what you need. When I was at one of the local gunsmiths we looked it up in the books and it had "Obsolete" text printed over the pic of the gun. Mine broke the firing pin, was able to match up something similar and file down to match the old one. Gun shot great. I use to have a bunch of links for it however this is the closest I could find on the net under wiki answers:

The savage model 219 was made from 1938-1965,in many different calibers.(22 hornet,25-20WCF,32-20WCF,or 30-30 Win.)They had a 26in barrel,open sights,hammerless,break open ,top lever,with a plain pistol grip stock.Ther value is not high.The 30-30 Win caliber is going for 80-195 dollars.The other calibers are going for 15% more.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Savage_model_219#ixzz1NKOShG5i

It doesn't specify the L model though however I do remember that the dates mentioned above are similar to what I had dug up years ago.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Basically it's a break action shotgun with a rifle barrel. I've had two over the years, that's enough, glad they are gone. Too hard to open(cock). Seemed to shoot OK though and light and handy behind the seat of the truck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a break action 30-30 Win. if it helps ..
bottom barrel is a 20 gauge
The 219 is the rifle version of the 220 shotguns from Savage/Stevens. I've been collecting 220's since my dad gave me my first one in about 1960. It was a 16 gauge and I now have five 12 gauge, three 16 gauge, three 20 gauge, one 28 gauge and two .410's. A couple weeks ago I finally found a model 219 in .22 Hornet that I've just started to shoot (without scope so far) and love it. Today I completed a deal with aomebody in Northern Michigan for a combination 12 gauge/30-30 gun. My plan has been to display one each of the 7 versions I have in my gun room/man cave. I know there are some 25-20 and 32-20 versions out there but I've never tripped over any. If anybody had one in these calibers, I'd be interested. I'm also always looking for the shotgun version 220's too.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts