New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
After hunting a portion of every day or even several full days I was fortunate to see my first buck at 11:00 today. Nice 2 1/2 year old 6 pointer at 15 yards from my stand I haven't hunted in years. Checked the old area out yesterday afternoon and brought in the foot pegs this morning.

No big boys around so I might as well listen to Gordon Lightfoot

Sundown

·
Registered
175 Posts
After hunting a portion of every day or even several full days I was fortunate to see my first buck at 11:00 today. Nice 2 1/2 year old 6 pointer at 15 yards from my stand I haven't hunted in years. Checked the old area out yesterday afternoon and brought in the foot pegs this morning.

No big boys around so I might as well listen to Gordon Lightfoot

Sundown
I thought i would listen to lynard skynyrd, simple man or metallica, nothing else matters.

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
Good ol' Gordie man,

I like your mojo. Just don't get too caught up in this mellow stuff, you'll miss a shot at Mr Big when he rolls around LOL!

Saw a gorgeous 8 pointer this AM driving to basketball, got out the jeep, walked up to him 50ft away, nose to the ground, sniffing for does in a field...oblivious to me, I grunted at him he locked up, I repeated this 3 more times, well within bow range, broadside, ivory tined 8 pointer, what a beauty encounter!

He took off none the worse for wear, WMZ 5 is closed, and he knows it!

·
Registered
531 Posts
So, I'm not the only one not having much luck with the big boys!
Seeing lots of does....
The closest I've come to a buck this season is trying to smoke one with the jeep Wednesday morning an hour before sunrise.
And I had the opportunity to help a buddy dress his buck yesterday who was hunting not far from me.

Thought this morning was going to be my lucky morning. A doe wandered into the field at 9am, kept looking over her shoulder. This went on forever before she finally relaxed a bit, grazed for awhile, then finally laid down. she was only laying down for a few minutes when she jumped up and took a fit. Kicking her back legs up, jumping around. Ran a ways then slowed right back down. That doe had serious issues! lol Not sure if she was mad that the big fella didn't follow her out? or did she maybe lay on a hornets nest? Not sure what her prob was, but I've never seen a deer act like that. It was kinda comical. Needless to say, no buck came out! lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts