I'd say around 110"

·
Registered
925 Posts
No more than 120

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm thinking around 115" or so. Not much mass, but decent tine length.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I would say 115 for the first and low to mid 130 for the second. Hard to tell from the pics. Nice deer no matter what. Any weight on the second one ?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I would say 100 - 110 for the first, 150 for the second easily. Thats a nice buck - good tine length, mass, decent spread. Was that deer killed this year?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
You can use some average measurements from various features to get a rough score from a pic. Most places say 16" between ears 7" ears and 7" from eye to nose tip.

Here in NB however our bucks are a little bigger so I got some measurement from here. The ears are usually about 8" long from base to tip, eartip to eartip spread is about 19" and the eyeball is around 1.25" (open eye) which will give a 4" circumference.

That way you just take an approximate lenght of tines, circumference ect. roughed out against known lenghts and distances.

Maybe some of the taxidermists on here,
could get some more accurate average measurements for us from a number of animals? That way we could be sure of having the correct numbers.

·
Registered
925 Posts
The 2nd buck should be around 140.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Tide Header -If you want to get a rough measurement its not too hard - just go on B&C s website, and there are instructions to walk you through measuring, and a form you can enter your measurements into, and it will calculate a score for you. I've tried it, its not too hard to get a ballpark number. If you try it, let us know what you get.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts