New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I got a Tasco TrailCam for Xmas, and was wondering which settings work best, I set my settings for a 10 second delay, and only taking one pic. I have a choice of it taking three pictures before the delay.
I took my first pics today, to try it out, I set it up on our dresser in our bedroom, and caught a deer sneaking out of the shower. after viewing the pics, and sharing them with my (DEER) wife, she wan NOT impressed.
Sorry, Can't share them, She made me erase them. my Deer is camera shy now.
hope everyone got nice toys for christmas, as I did.

·
Registered
925 Posts
You are a brave man!

·
Registered
531 Posts
You are a brave man!
X2

Maugervilleboy, I have my moultrie set to take 3 pics per event.
But everyone has their on personal preference.
I prefer it set to take 3 pics as sometimes the first pic, the deer (or whatever) is just coming into the frame.
The first pic might only show 1 deer, when there are other deer following behind, which will show on the next 2 pics!!

I suggest setting it up somewhere...other than the bedroom lmao....and test all the settings and then decide what suits you best!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Unless I'm on a bait I don't use the delay at all and set it so that it will continually take pics as long as something is in front of it. That way it picks up everything and I don't miss a buck trailing a doe or whatever. If it's on bait then I use a 1 minute delay (usually) and allow it to take three pics at a time. With the digitals now you just run through the pics and erase all you don't want anyway and you get a 2 gig card that hold over 1000 pics. Batteries are lasting the whole fall anyway so why possibly miss a picture of a big buck when there isn't any need. Was different when you had film cams and you had to process the films. Then I'd have it on a long delay to prevent a bunch of doe pics, now with the digital I just delete them.
If I run them in video mode then I either use 1 - 5 minute delays depending on what I'm set up on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts