New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shameless plug here, but since we did this interview with a very active member of our little forums here, thought you might all be interested. Shedhunter as he's known on the forums has been described as "as good as any shed dog" at finding dropped antlers, and his buildings at his house full of them certainly speak to that! We couldn't believe what we were seeing the first time he showed us his prizes, that someone had found that many beautiful antlers here in New Brunswick!

Today we sit down for a chat with perhaps the most accomplished shed hunter in New Brunswick, Dave Rogers, to talk about how he got started, some of his best prizes, and how you too can be successful. Check it out, and let us know what you think!

http://www.wildernessobsession.com/reader.php?id=78

·
Registered
480 Posts
Wow! Great post! Thanks for that!

I met a guy two summers ago who has a few buildings full of moose sheds at his camp in the Miramichi area. He literally has thousands of moose sheds and also a few deer sheds. Met him through a mutual friend who wanted to stop by for a visit on our way to our crown lands salmon fishing trip year before last, and stopped by again this year for a visit again en-route to our annual fishing trip, and of course his collection had grown by at least a dozen from the previous year. He never shares how he does it, but now thanks to Mr.Rogers, I know how it's done. Might even have a look-see next time I'm in the woods.

·
Registered
84 Posts
One spring I was working in the woods everyday and driving down roads that hadn't been plowed all winter, and I was the first to drive down them that spring. There was often 6 inches or a foot of snow on the roads. I found seven moose sheds that spring. I was definitely in moose country. And maybe just lucky.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts