New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe deer management involves coyote management, and I found a video talking about coyote breeding seasons coinciding with most coyote hunting. Also the coyote's heaviest predation period being the birthing season for whitetail deer. I found it interesting, and I thought I'd share. I know I'm getting out from now until June whenever I can. Maybe some of the coyote contests should extend into the spring?

·
Registered
83 Posts
A good Day is any day that a coyote gets it's guts blown out...
Tomorrow could be a good day. LOL This morning I missed. Not a good day today. LOL
Every dead coyote can't chase deer.Neither can wounded ones.
Now is prime baiting season. Prime.Breeding is fast approaching and like the U tube says , its all about food and Domain.
The males are on the run. By mid February it will be like the Whitetail rut the last week of November.
I only hunt bait. I have never called yotes.
But I would suspect It would be good hunting for the next couple months.
We as deer hunters have got to all get out and shoot these vermin every chance we get all year long.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I personally start hunting them the minute I'm done deer hunting till the end of the summer. We usually wait till the local farmers start cutting hay and shoot them when they come out to eat the mice and snakes under the fresh cut hay. It might seem late in the year for coyote hunting but we end up getting a few every year this way. They are generally not very big that time of year usually still pups but killing them that time of year tends to keep the pack numbers down going in to the fall-winter.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I personally start hunting them the minute I'm done deer hunting till the end of the summer. We usually wait till the local farmers start cutting hay and shoot them when they come out to eat the mice and snakes under the fresh cut hay. It might seem late in the year for coyote hunting but we end up getting a few every year this way. They are generally not very big that time of year usually still pups but killing them that time of year tends to keep the pack numbers down going in to the fall-winter.
Thats the best way making hay with the 22-250 in the tractor cab

1 - 8 of 8 Posts