New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
I've often seen the question come up on Archery Talk forum regarding shooting right handed bows for left handed people. From personal experience, I know that that not all people who are right handed are actually right eye dominate and vis versa.

Myself, I was born left handed but "back in the day" some teachers didn't approve of it and encouraged parents to switch their kids, sadly we now know that was a bad thing. While I do most things right handed these days including archery, the opposite eye dominance is an issue.

I would encourage anyone entering archery that the first step should be to check your eye dominance and select the proper handed bow based on that.

Take the eye dominance test here.

Who else shoots the opposite hand from their eye dominance?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I shoot right handed, but I'm left eye dominant. Too weird to try to switch to the left now. Instead, I'm trying to retrain my eyes. When I'm shooting, I black out the left lens of my shooting glasses so that I have to focus with my right. It works.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
If the left side of the brain controls the right side of your body,and the reverse is also true....then left handed people are the only ones in their right mind,yes?
I thought lefties were bad luck? and possessed by the devil? and die earlier than righties? and all polar bears are left handed? Sorry I ran out of wives' tales.

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
If the left side of the brain controls the right side of your body,and the reverse is also true....then left handed people are the only ones in their right mind,yes?
LOL, and I thought i had to much time on my hands ... LOL

·
Registered
531 Posts
lol..Love it!
I always knew I wasn't in my right mind! Now I have a good excuse to support it!
Thanks girlscout!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually, I thought there was a study done that did find that lefties do live shorter lives due to dealing with things such as right handed controls.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts