New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
When & where do these take place? Is there cost? Need to join a club? From the Sackville area and would like to get in on these shoots, if possible.
Thanks, in advance, for any info supplied.

Rob

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hey Rob

I just got introduced to the club last week!
Until nicer weather, they are using the gym at Abbey-Landry elemetary school.
They are there Tues, Thurs & Friday. 6-8pm (sometimes later on thurs & fri)

I haven't actually paid my membership yet.
Just waiting to catch up with the fella that takes care of that stuff.

I shot with them tues & thurs...heck I don't even have my bow yet!! But they have 8+ recurves there that anyone can shoot.

Great group of ppl!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
And the first night the 3 of us showed up...we weren't even asked if we wanted to join the club.

We were all welcomed immediately!
I hadn't even expected to do any shooting, since I don't have my new bow yet!
I had just planned on watching! lol

Right away, I was told I could use any of the recurves they had!!

Come on out Tuesday night and meet the gang!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I met a father and son in Dieppe today at the bow ed course that knew a lot about this shoot. Though (stupid me) I didn't ask for any info....kicking myself in the butt!! Thanks for you help CG.....when is that new bow going to be in?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Your welcome!!

Hoping to pick the new bow up Thursday evening.
Was actually considering taking an evening off night school, so i didn't have to miss Thursday nights shoot!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure I will be able to make it out this week but I will be out for sure in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
hey rob
how are things?
so...your looking for a club...
the memramcook club is a nice club...lots of targets...
very open
some at 10 yards and some at 20 yards
very helpful crew!
membership includes AANB competition insurance

down the road i was thinking of maybe getting a few of the guys around sackville and maybe starting a club [email protected]
i want to get settled and talk to a few to see and also look around for a spot to shoot!

if i ever get the time, i will let you know!
i know of 6 guys from sackville that shoot bows....and apparently there was a club there years ago...

how is the old bear doing?
have you done much shooting with it?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Dale, Things are well! Looking for a place to shoot for sure. Joined the Sackville Rod & Gun club with plans (maybe) of getting something set up through them after I get my foot in the door.
Back in Sackville are ya?
The old BEar is treating me well. Just got a 10 yd target set up in my shop and will be working on setting something up in my backyard for the warmer/drier months.
Took my bow ed course yesterday (Sunday) in Dieppe, all legal now. Will shoot a lot more now, especially with hockey almost over. Debating about the spring bear season.....

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
hey rob
I will keep you posted on the workings of a club in sackville
with everything that is going on....trying to get some time to myself....to talk to a few of the guys!
i know about 8 bow hunters/archers that are in the sackville area!

also, if you are interested in doing some bear hunting, you could hunt my spot...even if it was a few evening after work(you do work in sackville...right)

i am sure mom wont mind having a few bears taken out of the area!

speaking of that....3 weeks til the season open and i havent even started baiting!!!!
hell.....havent even found a spot yet!

guess i know what i am doing next weekend!

glad your enjoying the bow still....

cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts