New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sat yesterday and seen a spike and doe. 8pt shows up last evening and this morning for a pic....

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
nice looking buck! Cool pic with apple in his mouth.
he will play that game for days and days

·
Registered
531 Posts
LOL Someone should've told this buck that you should never taunt a fella with a bow or rifle!

Good luck! Great pics

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
well....isnt that just a kick in the butt!
but nice pics and nice buck!!!
looks like he is sticking his tongue at you!
lol

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well....isnt that just a kick in the butt!
but nice pics and nice buck!!!
looks like he is sticking his tongue at you!
lol
Before its over with his tongue will be sticking out for sure....LOL

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
That's a pretty buck!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sat tonight and seen nothing. WINDY and Freaking Cold. Not sure if I could of drawn back at dark or not. Stiff Muscles, Snot running, hands frozen, back killing me, if the spike would of shown up he woulda paid for all these treestand symptoms..LOL

Hopefully I can hold out for the 8. I'm not real patient though.

I'll be hitting it again in the morning and if needed the evening also.

·
Registered
726 Posts
looks like a fawn. Lots of doe/fawn in this spot. I sat this morning and seen a button,doe, and a spike. Treestand sympstoms persisted and the Spike is dead......I'll post pics later.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Congratulations on getting one this morning NBguide. Post pics and story when you get a chance.

ArcherynutNB that is a cool pic!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
cool man. can't wait for the pics and story

I should have sat this morning too

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Thanks Bowtech! I cheated a bit on it, its a still photo I took from a video a few years back. I brought him in close waving a white kleenex!

Whats this about nbguide getting a deer? Gee I gotta go check this out! Congrats dude!

Hoytman, cool pic as well...boy.. deer just seem to be getting pretty "smartazz" lately eh?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
haha doesn't matter how you got it I think it's pretty good! The white kleenex trick makes it all the better!

Hey hoytman maybe they are the same deer 6 months apart
. Is that a genetic trait

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here he is guys. Not a big one by any means but another bowkill to the tally. Spike FD 118 lbs

Another cold and very windy morning. I got into stand around 7:20 a.m. Things started lightening up and around 7:50 a doe and button buck worked their way in. They were feeding for around 35 minutes or so. She started acting odd (looking up the other trail and stomping her feet) then her and the button left. Maybe 2 minutes later I could here some crunching and I knew it was a deer coming down the other trail. Hoping it was the 8pt. I see some bone coming through the brush but could tell it was the spike. He came in and fed for 5 minutes and I decided to take him. 18 yard shot. He squatted on the shot and I ended up spining him and dropping on the spot. Nocked another arrow and sent another through his back and into the chest cavity. I did video the hunt/kill if anyone is interested.

My 2 year old daughter and me

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Congrats sir, that's what it's all about! I'd love to see the video.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I told you this bucks tongue would be hanging out before its over with. I tucked his tongue back inside his mouth for the pic. Adam from New York with the 8 pt. Have pics of a mature 9 pt on this same stand.

I'm glad he shot this buck and I got the spike. Biggest buck of his hunting career so far. Dropped in its tracks at 20 yards.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
That's really cool! Shows you what hunting is all about NBG. The feeling you get seeing another hunters excitement is sometimes worth more than your own. Especially when that hunter "really" appreciates it! Good Job!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts