New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anybody get on a track on Monday morning? I know there wasn't much snow, but there was enough in some parts of the province for a good tracking.

About blinds. I don't have much time to put together a natural blind so I bought a blind the other day. I opened it up and it smells just like the store I bought it in. What should I do about this? Is it best to just put it up in the woods and leave it for a week or so before I use it?

Gonna be a beautiful morning tomorrow morning, the deer will be on the move!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Thats one of the things I hate about buying "any" new hunting stuff. It always smells like fresh rubber, plastic, paint etc.
Weather its new boots, clothes, or camo netting...anything. You almost have to buy it in January, and leave it outdoors all year to get rid of the smell. It's a wonder that all of the peaople working in stores, don't "pass out" from the fumes!

G

·
Perhaps set it up in the yard for a few days, spray it with Scentkiller, let the rain and sun get at it...maybe then collapse it and put it in a bag with cedar boughs for a day or two. Might work ??

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hear ya Archerynut!

And you're right Girlscout, it doesn't take too much time to set something up real quick. A lot of deer have been shot while sitting on stumps, rocks or logs. I think sometimes it's easy to get caught up in all the gear that's out there and make a quick purchase.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I think I'll hold off using it this year and just cover myself up in some fir boughs for now, can't go wrong with that eh.
Good hunting all!

FR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts