New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used one of those new Tasco trailcams? Was wondering how well they worked.

Thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
A friend of mine bought one and we were out and checked it on the weekend. It serves the purpose but you have to have it fairly close as the night pics are not good unless you do. The daytime pics came out real good though.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I got one and put it out on Saturday.
I grabbed the card out of it yesterday for the first time.
No night pix on it, but film clips of bears eating my cracked corn at high noon turned out exceptionally well, the buggers. The pix and films of me setting up the camera, and retrieving the card, didn't work out so well - I can't possibly be that old and ugly, can I? I'm hoping the camera adds years to my face and girth to my belt.
Still playing with it.
Picked it up at WallyWorld in Maine for $50. Can't go wrong at that price!
Anyway, yeah, daytime pix and clips are better than 'acceptable.'
I'll have to wait for some night pix and clips.

·
Registered
531 Posts
My father picked one up in Maine a few weeks ago for just $50. I was a bit skeptical about it when I went out to set it up for him. I think the flash only reaches out 15-20 ft...something like that. We set it up in his apple orchard where we already knew the deer were visiting daily. Providing the deer were close to the camera at night, the pics were ok. Daytime pics turned out great. As long as you have it set up fairly close to your bait, you should get decent photos at night, but if the game is just passing by, you're more than likely not going to get the shot.

For the price you can't really go wrong. But I would prefer to spend a bit extra and get a camera that has a bit better range for night shots.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Yes I bought one and day time pics are good and it takes a high gig card
night time pics aren't good the target has to be really close
an alright camera for the $$

1 - 6 of 6 Posts