New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi teammates...Time to hear from everybody.I'll be doing a few days of bear hunting next week since I don't have any nonresidents this fall.I am retired(Except from my guiding service) so I'll have 7 weeks of deer hunting.I mostly hunt with a bow until the time comes to get out of the trees and start still hunting then I'll use my rifle.

Team 11
55. Jeeepman --- Barachois/Shediac/Cap Pele
19. Dale --- Hoyt and Claredon area
22. 4everbowhunt --- Charlotte county and the Hampton area
16. daveyn --- havelock millstream area
40. nbguide --- Zone 20
14. REM7600 --- Saint John and Miramichi area

·
Registered
565 Posts
I'm not going to be at the camp a lot this fall as I'm off to Alberta Nov 4th to 14th trying to kill and elk, but I'll be hunting in NB for about 5 days before i go and 5 days after I get back. Hopefully you guys will be all tagged out by then and I won't have to contribute.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
i have been doing some scouting and set up a few bait spots.
so far i have 1 fawn 2 does and 1 buck coming to the bait!
i am hoping it will draw more deer....but looks good so far!
the last 2 times i was out there to top them up....seen 2 does
and 1 is definitely worth taking!
i will get 4 weeks of hunting in....and i havent checked out my spot in hoyt yet!
will be heading there this weekend...
hmmm...a name

what about buck masters? pass-thru-posse...bullets and broadheads...big buck down...whitetailed whackers..
i dunno...might not be original....but it is a start

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
well guys
according to the scoring system i should be able to bring us atleast 12 points!
how many of us are using bows?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have only got one site plotted so far. But I have seen two doe on the scouting camera so far this week. Going out Saturday with my old man to get the stand set-up and ready. PUMPED.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I have only got one site plotted so far. But I have seen two doe on the scouting camera so far this week. Going out Saturday with my old man to get the stand set-up and ready. PUMPED.
hey jeepman
yea...i am pretty pumped too!
cant wait...9 more days....
and i am off for most of the first week!
the doe's will bring the big guys in!
i am heading out this weekend to put stands up also...and to top off my apples and deer feeders!
cant wait!!!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
My better half just doesn't get it. Every chance I get I want to go out and check the apples or go for a drive down some dirt roads. She thinks im bad now, I do not want to see what she is going to say when the season starts. LOL. I had stopped hunting for about 10 years and have only recently (last year) gotten back into it. Man I missed being in the woods.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
My better half just doesn't get it. Every chance I get I want to go out and check the apples or go for a drive down some dirt roads. She thinks im bad now, I do not want to see what she is going to say when the season starts. LOL. I had stopped hunting for about 10 years and have only recently (last year) gotten back into it. Man I missed being in the woods.
lol...
i finally found a better half that wants to go with me....she even hunts with a bow now!
or maybe she just gave in and knew the only time she is gonna get to spend time with me is if she joins me!
lol

so..what are we gonna do for a name?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
i may have found the honey spot yesterday!
i was up in one of my areas...and went to ask permission to hunt a field...
and as i was asking...i turned around to point out where i was gonna set up to the owner and guess what was walking right out to the spot!
yep....3 of them!
a nice smashing doe and a big old buck right behind her!!!!
he told me there has been atleast 3 and up to 8 coming out everyday!
first time i was up there since last year!
so..will be keeping an eye out!
he is only letting me hunt there because i hunt with a bow...big open field and a hydro line right in back of the field.
let's hope i can get in there before they come out!
he said they been coming out around 9 30 am and 3 30 pm
and they were like clock work....that is what time i was there yesterday!
i know where i will be sitting the first morning!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sounds like you had the same thing happen as us. Me and the old man went out Saturday. After driving around all morning we finally decided on an area. We went back to the spot of choice and stopped in to talk to the farmer who owns the land to ask for permission. While talking to him he informed us that he has seen a group of deer on a regualr basis just up over a certain hill that he pointed to. When we turned to the direction he was pointing there were 4 does standing right there. So that kind of made our decision of where to be the first morning pretty easy.
All in all it was a good day scouting. We say 7 does and one buck all roughly in a 10 mile area. It was a good dayby my standards.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Sounds like you had the same thing happen as us. Me and the old man went out Saturday. After driving around all morning we finally decided on an area. We went back to the spot of choice and stopped in to talk to the farmer who owns the land to ask for permission. While talking to him he informed us that he has seen a group of deer on a regualr basis just up over a certain hill that he pointed to. When we turned to the direction he was pointing there were 4 does standing right there. So that kind of made our decision of where to be the first morning pretty easy.
All in all it was a good day scouting. We say 7 does and one buck all roughly in a 10 mile area. It was a good dayby my standards.
glad we are seeing them!
now it is time to kick some butt!!!!

lol

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Hope you guys do well..really, be nice to have someone finish close to us to keep it from being a landslide. Kick butt???, ohhh sorry there for a minute I thought you said kiss butt

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Hope you guys do well..really, be nice to have someone finish close to us to keep it from being a landslide. Kick butt???, ohhh sorry there for a minute I thought you said kiss butt
lol...
only butt kissing that is gonna happen....
is team 1 kissing the butt of my big buck i shoot!
hopefully your not sore losers!!!
hehehehehe
just trash talk guys!!!

·
Registered
565 Posts
We don't need a stinking team name...by the end of this contest everybody will know who we are. Our good friend Bowtech is getting pretty cocky there and working real hard to stir up same trash talk. I'd like to participate in that but I don't think want to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man. We'll do our talking at the weigh scale.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
That was pretty good D, Can't hunt tonight but I am off for the rest of the week and wind looks good for my #1 stand tomorrow. I won't ask you to wish me luck though

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
lol....i heard bowtech is good at talk...but when it comes to shooting....different story!!!
hehehehe
that's ok guys...all the other teams will still be talking about team 11 even after the season....wondering how we did it!
win that is!!!!
maybe someday we will let them in on our secrets!!!
lmao

·
Registered
726 Posts
I'm so glad I saved this pic of Bowtec. I knew it would come in handy..LOL

Holy smokes that's funny stuff.....LOL LOL LOL

Pope and Young score 2 3/4"

We need to be worried. LOL

I've got deer hunters this week but should be out myself late next week (if we get a moose in maine). Bow only for me. Have seen alot of small bucks but have sights on a couple of decent ones. Good luck guys!!!!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts