Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guy's here is our team

Scanner_66 --- Base,Mount Pleasant,Harvey Station,St.Stephen and Grand Manan
Birddg--- Zone 20 (Lepreau area)
NBbuckhunter---Base/Wickham/Lepreau/KBV and Keswick Ridge
lobsterman---Havelock to Millstream area
Littlebuck---Zone 24
pond jumper---Zone 17

I guess it is time to start thinking about a name for our team,first thing that comes to my mind is The 4ce,since we are team number 4....any other suggestions?

·
Registered
614 Posts
I like it.
Some other suggestions.
Since we seem to be a quiet team, how about Silent But Deadly, Team SBD.
Another idea: 4skinners.
LOL Just throwin' stuff out there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey guys. I've got a doe tag this year and I'm going to try to get my first bow kill this fall so I might not be too picky over what I shoot. But I do have my eye on a couple big fellas. As for a team name I don't have any suggestions of my own but I like what you guys have come up with so far.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice buck Lobsterman, I hope you get a crack at him in the daylight.

Here is a picture of the fella I'm hoping to run across this fall.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Whoa!
Looks like we got us a coupla smashers on our hands.
My guy, I think, is the same buck I targeted last year, to no avail. He was too smart for me.
And I'm sure he didn't get no stupider over the past year.
Oh well, I won't know unless I try.
Good luck LB!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Those are two nice lookn bucks, hopefully ill get another buck this fall , and not blow his antlers off with a load of OOO buckshot, ive got my eye on a tall and thick 6pnt thats been hangin around the oak by the house, and another dark tined 8pt i saw last year 2 weeks after the season while rabbit hunting

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey guy's,less than two weeks until opening day...just wondering if anyone is seeing any deer in your area? Where I hunt I've been seeing a few does but not much buck sign yet.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hey guy's,less than two weeks until opening day...just wondering if anyone is seeing any deer in your area? Where I hunt I've been seeing a few does but not much buck sign yet.
Seen the 6pnt last weekend about half a km from the house at about 530 am, been chasin ducks to much lately to get out and look around, gonna take some apples out this weeknd sometime

·
Registered
290 Posts
I got word a little while ago that nbbuckhunter tagged out this morning....on a deer worth a few points, More details to follow!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Right on! Ive got the day off tmrw i think ill quit harassing the ducks for awhile and sit in my tree stand, its looking good down there , found a big scrape the other day about 200 yrds from my stand...problem is i hunt the edge of a pond and can hear and see the ducks going by,,,makes it hard to sit tight and wait for deer lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's great news. I'm sure If nbbuckhunter has a deer down it will be worth more that a few points. I tagged out monday night but have been too busy to get the pics up. I will try to post the pics and story tonight.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Put in 8 days so far and could have had my choice out of two does, but, nah. Too soon.
Spent tonight down your way LB in a beauty of a blind set up by some guys from up north who were leaving for the day and were kind enough to invite me to use it. (Back the end of Old Post, where Mr. I cut the crap out of that nice patch o' woods by the tracks.)
No luck but still some sign in there, at least.
I've got a choice spot somewhere else for the last 10 days of the season, but only a few days that I can actually hunt it. Once I get back there next week, I won't be too picky.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ok guys, sorry it has taken me so long but here is my story. Last Monday I got off work a little early and headed to the same spot I had been hunting every evening since the rifle season had opened. I had seen a few does and fawns last week and I had my doe tag but I had pictures of a nice 5 point and an 8 point on my camera so I was hoping to cross paths with one of them. It was 6:30 with about 5 minutes of legal time left I was just about to get up and head for the truck when I thought I heard something. I couldn't see anything but then I heard another snap and the deer stepped out in the open only 30 yards away. As put the gun to my shoulder the deer looked straight at me and I could see through the scope that it had antlers but I couldn't tell witch deer it was. I lowered the gun to his vitals and BANG! The buck ran into the woods and I could hear him go down. I didn't have much for a light so I headed home to get flashlights, help and an ATV. When we got back we only found one drop of blood but He wasn't too hard to track in the leaves. He only went 50 yards.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts